Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Coach?

Default New Coach?

Who would you like see see take over as the new coach? This was discussed in another thread a while ago, but it is a reality now. I will add the old posts here.
    Last edited by Derek Sutton; 03-26-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Default From Bocephus

Travis Green from Portland would be someone to consider. He is an assistant who has been filling in for Mike Johnston who returns next season.
    I'm also a big fan of the Nanaimo Clippers coach in the BCHL. Mike Vandekamp, 40, has been a winner wherever he's been. He was fired by the Cougars after barely a season after a slow start. It was the Cougars so I don't put much stock in it.
    How about Dean Bronkman from the Humbholt Broncos. Winner
    How about Jeff Truitt?
    Convince Bill Peters to come back to the WHL.
    Also I think 3 assistants are needed. It seems all the successful teams have three assistants. Just look at the Hitmen.
    There's plenty of directions to go in.
    Of course I remind myself that RP is still steering the ship and nothing has indicated that will change from the organization

Default From Me

Jesse Wallin
    Ryan Pappieonnoue, or something like that

Klippenstein

Default thats what i said for years............

dean brockman, he has the ability to really push these's young kid to their full potential...but something tell's me it will come from a much higher source.....
    GO CANES GO.................

Iconwhl

What about Chad Mercier? He has stepped down as GM & Coach with Bonneyville which has raised some eyebrows. One would think he is going to make his way back into the WHL but this time as a Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    dean brockman, he has the ability to really push these's young kid to their full potential...but something tell's me it will come from a much higher source.....
    Brockman is the coach of the Humbolt Broncos. Alex Forsberg ended up playing for Humbolt after choosing to escape PG.
    Not saying...Just saying
    Forsberg needs a new WHL home.
    Canes need a new coach.
    Seems like a solution to consider.

Default i wish..........

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Brockman is the coach of the Humbolt Broncos. Alex Forsberg ended up playing for Humbolt after choosing to escape PG.
    Not saying...Just saying
    Forsberg needs a new WHL home.
    Canes need a new coach.
    Seems like a solution to consider.
    we'd be lucky to get either, unlikly to get both...dont know if brockmen would be given the chance to run the show but would make one hell of an assistant c...got a feeling the powers that be will hire at the highest level possible.....
    GO CANES GO.................

A few WHL coaches have resigned from their respective clubs in the past few days... this includes a Lethbridge resident (even though it is unlikely he will coach in the WHL due to family reasons).

It looks like we are getting closer to see 1-2 new names behind the bench for the Canes.

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    A few WHL coaches have resigned from their respective clubs in the past few days... this includes a Lethbridge resident (even though it is unlikely he will coach in the WHL due to family reasons).

It looks like we are getting closer to see 1-2 new names behind the bench for the Canes.
    Yah that crossed my mind to, but theres no way Kletzel is ready to be WHL Head Coach.

ps. No need for the vaguery, it's not a secret, you are not "in the know", Kleztel stepped down, it was on twitter ffs.