Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Coach?

Default I am sure

the Canes had Dave Hunchak on their short list, but he is now head coach of the Blazers. One has to wonder if the pressure was on Kamloops to give him the job, or lose him to another organization.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    Yah that crossed my mind to, but theres no way Kletzel is ready to be WHL Head Coach.

ps. No need for the vaguery, it's not a secret, you are not "in the know", Kleztel stepped down, it was on twitter ffs.
    I didn't mean for it to be vague. I avoided his name since he wasn't likely going to be a candidate...

What are your thoughts on these candidates...
    Pat Conacher
    Kris Knoblauch
    Jason Becker
    Glen Hanlon
    Steve Hamilton
    Chad Mercier
    Darren Kruger
    Steve Young

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    I didn't mean for it to be vague. I avoided his name since he wasn't likely going to be a candidate...

What are your thoughts on these candidates...
    Pat Conacher
    Kris Knoblauch
    Jason Becker
    Glen Hanlon
    Steve Hamilton
    Chad Mercier
    Darren Kruger
    Steve Young
    Knoblauch has a HC job in the OHL, I would've really like him here, his style and what he did with Koot was really something, too bad I guess. I don't know a whole lot about the rest of the above guys. There's only a handful of coaches still active, is that the reason Robson is taking is taking so long? If that is the case I'm liking Travis Green or Ryan Pappaianneua, some newish type of blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    Knoblauch has a HC job in the OHL, I would've really like him here, his style and what he did with Koot was really something, too bad I guess. I don't know a whole lot about the rest of the above guys. There's only a handful of coaches still active, is that the reason Robson is taking is taking so long? If that is the case I'm liking Travis Green or Ryan Pappaianneua, some newish type of blood.
    Us Canes followers can throw out an endless list of candidates. Seems to jive with the countless resumes Robson has stated that he's received.
    Its anyone's guess who it could be.
    Pap and Green would be solid choices but the pessimist in me sees a hire we all groan at. Some recycled turd would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Us Canes followers can throw out an endless list of candidates. Seems to jive with the countless resumes Robson has stated that he's received.
    Its anyone's guess who it could be.
    Pap and Green would be solid choices but the pessimist in me sees a hire we all groan at. Some recycled turd would be my guess.
    I'm going to agree Bo, with Robson wanting to win this year, I doubt he goes with an inexperienced coach. Truitt also off the table as he has resigned with Red Deer.

Default robson said...........

he was waiting for the end of the mem cup/end of the nhl/ahl to see who could become availible. our new coach could come from anywhere but i cant see him hireing another preston, more of a younger modern style coach more than likely........
    GO CANES GO.................

7. Default New Coach

Who ever we get will be under the gun as soon as he is hired. I hope he can handle the pressure this city will throw upon him. I also hope the boys and new coach can get in sync by season opening...
    GO CANES GO

Glen Gulutzan.

Quote Originally Posted by canes watcher View Post
    Glen Gulutzan.
    Interesting name, especially with Robson's strong ties to the Dallas Stars. I'm sure he will be a top candidate unless another NHL (or AHL) club makes him an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Interesting name, especially with Robson's strong ties to the Dallas Stars. I'm sure he will be a top candidate unless another NHL (or AHL) club makes him an offer.

He'd be a good candidate anywhere. I actually would not be surprised if Gulutzan became the head coach of the Blades if Molleken leaves the bench after the Memorial Cup which he should. Reason I say this is cuz rite now Gulutzan is helping the team out during the Memorial Cup and he played for Molleken and was even a captain of the Blades in the early 90's.

Of course he could always get a pro coaching job but if nothing comes up, it'd be interesting to see if Molleken would hire him to be the head coach.