Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Coach?

Default i wonder what the odds are....................

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    He'd be a good candidate anywhere. I actually would not be surprised if Gulutzan became the head coach of the Blades if Molleken leaves the bench after the Memorial Cup which he should. Reason I say this is cuz rite now Gulutzan is helping the team out during the Memorial Cup and he played for Molleken and was even a captain of the Blades in the early 90's.

Of course he could always get a pro coaching job but if nothing comes up, it'd be interesting to see if Molleken would hire him to be the head coach.
    that molleken would step down as head coach, these old timers like him and preston seem to believe they are not the problem, it usually fall on the players when the blame is cast..how many years has toontown fell short and never a word about no more next year......ps..... i'm not knocking the blades, just an honest question.........
    GO CANES GO.................

It's been 4ever since the Blades did anything.

Default New HC?

On Rod Pederson's blog this morning:
    - "Also the word out of Lethbridge is their head coaching job belongs to Pat Conacher, if he wants it.* Hurricanes GM Brad Robson is here for the Cup."

Conacher of course was the HC of the Pats the past 2 years before he resigned last year. Supposedly well respected by his players in Regina, but him leaving made it seem like he wanted to move up in the hockey leagues...

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Us Canes followers can throw out an endless list of candidates. Seems to jive with the countless resumes Robson has stated that he's received.
    Its anyone's guess who it could be.
    Pap and Green would be solid choices but the pessimist in me sees a hire we all groan at. Some recycled turd would be my guess.
    Conacher fits the recycled turd profile perfectly.

Default This is from the Pat's WHLFan site

when Conacher left earlier this year.

"I for 1 am sick and tired of hearing people defend Pat Conacher as a head coach already.
    He has been a head coach for 5yrs....3yrs in the AHL 2 yrs in the WHL & he has only 1 winning season under his belt & that was mainly due to a kid by the name of Jordan Weal.
    His career coaching record is 140-216 (OTL & SOL=loss) his AHL record is 78-142 now dont tell me he had no talent on those teams to coach when each player has been good enough to make pro hockey."

Conacher's record with the Pats:

2011-12 7th Regina Pats 37 27 6 2 0.569
    2012-13 11th Regina Pats 25 38 4 5 0.410

His 2 year avg win % was only 0.489. Not the kind of numbers that should get you to be the first in line for another WHL job.

Good article from the Leader Post about Conacher leaving the Pats.

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Con...507/story.html

I don't know for sure, but reading between the lines it seems like there was something amiss with the situation in Regina.

After digesting all of this for a moment or two, all I can say is I hope Conacher is no where to be found when the Canes announce their new coach.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 05-24-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default Just posted on

Pat's Blog.

"Canes Associate Coach Matt Kabayama won't return behind the bench. Team announces he will not return this fall."

Nothing against Matt personally, but this was probably a good move. I wish him luck in his future endeavors but the Canes need a clean sweep to start over.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Thumbs down Recycling

Great. All we need is another recycled coach from Regina. The brass on the board don't really have a clue. Conachers record is not nearly good enough to be brought in here for anything more than a stick boy. He is too old to relate to sixteen to twenty year old kids. We need a much younger coach who has had success in another league. The fans just started to come back, so let's not let them down again.

BB

I would like to appologize to the stick boys. I didn't mean offend them.

Default oh my god...........

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    when Conacher left earlier this year.

"I for 1 am sick and tired of hearing people defend Pat Conacher as a head coach already.
    He has been a head coach for 5yrs....3yrs in the AHL 2 yrs in the WHL & he has only 1 winning season under his belt & that was mainly due to a kid by the name of Jordan Weal.
    His career coaching record is 140-216 (OTL & SOL=loss) his AHL record is 78-142 now dont tell me he had no talent on those teams to coach when each player has been good enough to make pro hockey."

Conacher's record with the Pats:

2011-12 7th Regina Pats 37 27 6 2 0.569
    2012-13 11th Regina Pats 25 38 4 5 0.410

His 2 year avg win % was only 0.489. Not the kind of numbers that should get you to be the first in line for another WHL job.

Good article from the Leader Post about Conacher leaving the Pats.

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Con...507/story.html

I don't know for sure, but reading between the lines it seems like there was something amiss with the situation in Regina.

After digesting all of this for a moment or two, all I can say is I hope Conacher is no where to be found when the Canes announce their new coach.
    thanks for ruining my saturday..if this is the case offer the job to brockman, he's never been to the dub but has a proven track record with kids... i HOPE this is just a rumor......

You guys... training camp is still 3 months away

I have no opinion yet of Pat Conacher... but I do know this...

A coach should never be judged solely on his team's record.

On paper, the Pats were way worse then the Canes... (on a side note: no one has ever had success in Regina with the Parkers running the club, those characters make the Canes look like a well-run club...)

No coach will have great success when his lineup is poor, especially in a competitive league like the WHL. On the flip side, look at Preston last year, a strong lineup on paper mixed with a poor coach still didnt lead to a winning record.

Look at some (arguable, of course) good coaches...

• Brent Sutter had 97 wins in his first two years coaching in the NHL... then when he came back to Alberta to coach the Flames, we all know how that worked out.
    • Is Don Hay a terrible coach because his team finished last this year? Once he got a strong roster to work with at the world U18's, he led them to Gold over the USNTDP. One more prize to add to his several Memorial Cup rings!
    • Mike Babcock coached in the WHL for 8 years and only had 4 winning seasons. This included a record 19-44-9 one year, but four years later he become the first rookie NHL coach to take his team to the Stanley Cup Finals. And SOMEHOW won the CIS title with Lethbridge.
    • Rich Preston must be a great coach too since he had a plus .500 record (.528 and .604) record with Regina... and was an Asst Coach for two teams that made the Stanley Cup Finals...

Whoever Robson hires, lets all give him/them a chance to have success... the roster they get to work with is as promising as the one we had coming into 2007/08...

Default i dont think anyone's *****ing...........

i think it has more to do with a fear of another wrong move and 3 more years of canes hockey if you get my drift.....