Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Accountability is an interesting word isn't it?
    It's one of those recent buzzwords in the business world.
    If the Hurricanes fail to make the playoffs this season does anyone really believe that that accountability word will be brought up by those that are mentioning it right now?
    Would Robson or Berehowsky volunteer to vacant their positions without further pay? Honestly, that would be 'accountability' wouldn't it?
    We all know that 'accountability', structure, and systems are all bull****. It's all a song and dance.
    No one really believes DB was the first choice as Robson says do we? Does anyone think finances didn't play into a decision?
    The whole press conference in Lethbridge and up North in Edmonton with Eakins really turns my stomach. The more things change the more they stay the same. Anyone think that the issues are higher up? Maybe the board in Leth and Lowe in Edmonton? Nope, they all get a free pass and a restart every two or three years with these smoke and mirrors press conference. The fan just has to 'get on board' or else be labeled a bad fan.
    I'll go watch as a fan of hockey but that's about it. See you all at the next press conference in another two or three years or maybe in another year when DB says he wants to spend more time with his wife and six kids after a winter of two week long bus trips.
    The best part of the media talking to DB was when he said he would be trading in a pool for a back yard rink. ahhhaha, he does know the Lethbridge climate doesn't he? Lots of back yard rinks in Chinook Country.
    Go Canes Go
    Hey Bo. You bring up a lot of the points I was going to, but like I said a couple of minutes ago on here, I am going to keep my mouth shut and see where the h@ll this EXPERIMENT goes.

I have known for certain for about a week now that the Berehowsky hire was a done deal, but I promised to keep it quiet. In the past week or so, I have done as much research as I could on him. Would he be the obvious stand alone candidate from what I know about him...NO. But I do like the fact he is young and not a WHL/NHL head/associate coach retread.

Time for the Canes franchise to think outside the box and let's hope Drake is our guy.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 06-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    Hey Bo. You bring up a lot of the points I was going to, but like I said a couple of minutes ago on here, I am going to keep my mouth shut and see where the h@ll this EXPERIMENT goes.

I have known for certain for about 8 - 10 days now that the Berehowsky hire was a done deal, but I promised to keep it quiet. In the past week or so, I have done as much research as I could on him. Would he be the obvious stand alone candidate from what I know about him...NO. But I do like the fact he is young and not a WHL/NHL head/associate coach retread.

Time for the Canes franchise to think outside the box and let's hope Drake is our guy.
    I like the fact DB looks about 100 pounds over weight yet is going to instill 'discipline'. It's laughable. Robson's first choice. Shut the hell up and stop telling the fans outright lies. It's insulting.
    Robson, 'DB is a winner'.
    Didn't win in the NHL with Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton...last year as coach with Orlando...
    How long was the contract for?

Assistant in the OHL for two years and under .500 both years. Moved to the AHL as an assistant and missed the playoffs 2 of 3 years. Swept the one year he made it. Last year he was well under .500 as coach of the Solar Bears.
    First Choice hey?
    I've lost all confidence in Robson in 2 months. First with the Boes trade and now this.

Actually I just realized that is a winner compared to Preston's oh for four.
    Sorry, I take it all back.

I like the fact DB looks about 100 pounds over weight yet is going to instill 'discipline'. It's laughable.
    Why comment on his weight? It's like you're looking for excuses to put him down less than 24 hours into the job.

By your logic, Ken Hitchcock must have terribly disciplined players since he his overweight... I guess his Memorial Cup and Stanley Cup winning teams aren't good enough...

Didn't win in the NHL with Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton...last year as coach with Orlando...
    Orlando was an expansion team... and other than the 60's and 80's, no one else has had success in those cities either...

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    Why comment on his weight? It's like you're looking for excuses to put him down less than 24 hours into the job.

By your logic, Ken Hitchcock must have terribly disciplined players since he his overweight... I guess his Memorial Cup and Stanley Cup winning teams aren't good enough...

Orlando was an expansion team... and other than the 60's and 80's, no one else has had success in those cities either...

It think that Bo was more reffering to the lies that Robson is telling. What has DB won? and as a coach, his record is nothing to brag about. If your going to lie to the fans, don't let the lies be something that can be proven wrong. The question remains though, what has Berehowsky won? Nothing as a player, as a coach;
    07-08, 6 games under 500,
    08-09, 3 games under 500, lost in second round
    09-10, 5 games over 500 but still missed playoffs,
    10-11, 12 games over 500, swept first round,
    11-12, 6 games over 500, missed playoffs,
    12-13, 9 games under 500, missed playoffs
    So really a 500 coach with 0 play off success, made it to the second round once. People can say anything they want about his Character, Attitude, Enthusiasm, etc... but cannot speak of "winning background", or "past success" and such comments without lying. I do really like what DB said in his interview with Pat. Speaking about passion, discipline/ structure and special teams, areas that the previous coach seemed to care less about. And way more more personable the RP.
    Last edited by Derek Sutton; 06-11-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    It think that Bo was more reffering to the lies that Robson is telling. What has DB won? and as a coach, his record is nothing to brag about. If your going to lie to the fans, don't let the lies be something that can be proven wrong. The question remains though, what has Berehowsky won? Nothing as a player, as a coach;
    07-08, 6 games under 500,
    08-09, 3 games under 500, lost in second round
    09-10, 5 games over 500 but still missed playoffs,
    10-11, 12 games over 500, swept first round,
    11-12, 6 games over 500, missed playoffs,
    12-13, 9 games under 500, missed playoffs
    So really a 500 coach with 0 play off success, made it to the second round once. People can say anything they want about his Character, Attitude, Enthusiasm, etc... but cannot speak of "winning background", or "past success" and such comments without lying. I do really like what DB said in his interview with Pat. Speaking about passion, discipline/ structure and special teams, areas that the previous coach seemed to care less about. And way more more personable the RP.
    What Derek said.
    It actually takes a lot to be under .500 in the age of the loser point.
    DB seems to be a likable enough guy on a personal level. Should that matter?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by canes77 View Post
    It's just my opinion and it's the only opinion that matters. That's why I posted it on the internet for everyone to see. This matter is closed.
    Boperfect
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    He only has 1 year as a head coach anywhere, and his record was not that good there. The 3 prior seasons he was an assistant coach with the Peoria Rivermen of the AHL and they missed the playoffs 2 out his 3 years.

2012-13 Orlando Solar Bears
    ECHL Head Coach 72 28 37 0 7 0.438

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=336

I don’t think those stats are good enough to get him a head coaching job in the WHL.
    My post above was back on June 4th when DB was just a rumour. I guess I was wrong.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default robson said..........

of all the nhl gm's, coaches and staff he spoke to drake was the man for the job...as much as I read up on db the word teacher keeps coming up, take a young coach like db with hopefully good teaching skills and a defensive back ground add a assistant coach with front end no how and roll the dice...at very least we wont have to watch grampa and his 1950's was of coaching.......ps......I like the way db is excited about the job, he will come in here and put A ton of effort into getting a team in gear, that's something you couldn't say about RP......
    Last edited by shushu; 06-17-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................