Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rebels Ship Zetariuk to MJ

Default Rebels Ship Zetariuk to MJ

The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have acquired 17-year old forward Garrett Klotz, and a 5th round draft pick in the 2006 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft, from the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for 19-year old defenceman Jesse Zetariuk.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Default Moose Jaw/ Red Deer make another trade

Red Deer Rebels Acquire Forward From Moose Jaw
    Created: Aug 19, 2005

RED DEER, AB – The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have acquired 17-year old forward Garrett Klotz, and a 5th round draft pick in the 2006 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft, from the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for 19-year old defenceman Jesse Zetariuk.

Scout

Question

What do you all think about this trade.

I would like to see some stst on this kid,so if anyone has any please post :skeptical
    KEEPING THE FAITH
    clrkth drop the puck clrkth

havent found many stats on him but someone has to have them.From what i've heard is that he is a big strong tough kid that can handle himself which makes zed expendable. Plus Sutter always seems to be getting after zed for dumb thing and also opens a spot for a younger kid to step into the mix.Also never under estimate sutter seems to do well in most trades that he makes. Boy sure have noticed one thing though is that red deer is getting alot bigger and will be tough to play against.

Default my take

I always thought 2 things about Zet. One, that he would be a steady d-man and two, provide some heavy weight toughness as he got older.

To that end, he had no puck carring skills and as of last year, the only thing he seemed to be able to do consistantly was fire the puck off the glass, normally for a dumb icing call. Secondly, he didn't fit the heavy weight bill either by choice or statue.

Hopefully he can provide leadership and improve his skill level under a different set of circumsances, that is a new team and new coach.
    Drop the Puck

Rebels Rock Guest

well i really didnt like zetariuk...i think one of the main reasons he got noticed was that he played with dion..but thats just my opinion lol

playa Guest

Default Decent trade

I agree that Zets didn't do a whole lot to make magic happen. With this year forecasting a lot of building for the Rebs, hopefully young Klotz can fit in well. I think this trade could work out well for us.

i agree with one thing on this thread..
    that sutter went after him a lot.. yes he did but sutter only does that if he knows that a player has potiential and isnt playing up to it
    Zets played his ass off in most games.. doesnt have the greatest puck handleing skill.. but he played with heart and thats Exactly what sutter played with to and thats why he went after him.. The only reason Zets didnt get noticed is because fans go to watch the big times such as Neufy,.. and you miss out on players like Zets.. he played with pure heart! I do think that moose jaw will be a great place for him all the red deer players that went ther have done great.. so i hope him all the best..
    I really am not trying to be rude so please dont take offense i just hate to see a kid like zets get put down.. or talked about that way.. when people are just so used to seeing Dion that they compare him to his ability which isnt fair..
    Just my opinion

I have to somewhat disagree. I dont think Zets was that bad. Granted he was no Gordie Howe, but just the same, I think his demise on this team was more attributed to the pace that Lamereux and Flatters progressed more than his own play.

Zets was brought to this team to be a stay at home, steady defenceman that can also play very physical and drop the gloves if needed. Both Flatters and Lamereux showed the ability to do this last year, and if you give them both another year to put on weight and size, they both will be that much better, and either of them would be on par or better than Jessie as far as skill goes.

That situation made Zets expendable, and also opens a position on Defence for one of our younger up and comming defencemen, to get them developing for our '07 cup run.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Rebels Rock Guest

Iconwhl

sorry if my coment affended some of you..i wasn't trying to
    Last edited by Rebels Rock; 08-23-2005 at 03:19 PM.