Thread: Training Camp

Hybrid View

Default Training Camp

Just read in the Saturday paper that the Rebs training camp is going to open on August 24. This is the earliest opening day I have seen in a long time. Anyway looking forward to camp and will be taking a few days off to watch the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Red celtic
    Just read in the Saturday paper that the Rebs training camp is going to open on August 24. This is the earliest opening day I have seen in a long time. Anyway looking forward to camp and will be taking a few days off to watch the boys.:
    Ill be there with you RC. This should be the most competitive camp we have seen since.....last year. Seriously, this should be a very talented camp. looking forward to it.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Thumbs up

see you both there
    KEEPING THE FAITH
    clrkth drop the puck clrkth

i'll agree with the idea that it will be a competitive camp, but have concerns about the talent level. Hopefully, the competitiveness transends into skill and talent where its most needed. By the way, will goaltending be as good as we have heard it should be?
    Drop the Puck

Default Goaltending should be ok

I think Leslie will do a great job this year. Last year he played really well both in Swift and Red Deer, That being his Rookie year he gained alot of experience especilly getting the playing time he got after coming over from Swift.
    "Good timber doesn't grow with ease the stronger the wind the stronger the tree"

Quote Originally Posted by rebel39
    i'll agree with the idea that it will be a competitive camp, but have concerns about the talent level. Hopefully, the competitiveness transends into skill and talent where its most needed. By the way, will goaltending be as good as we have heard it should be?
    James Reimer is a 17 yesr old goalie coming out of the Manatoba Midget AAA league who was an allstar who had the lowest goals against avg. in that league. The Rebs are very high on Reimer so expect him to make the team and play over 30 games. Who knows maybe he is the next Cam Ward.

GOOD we need a new goalie!