Thread: Klippenstein resigns.

Default Klippenstein resigns.

Reports say "philosophical differences" led to him to resign. Should be interesting considering he was heading up the bantam draft and it is in a few weeks.

http://www.pgcougars.com/article/cou...-s-resignation
    Prince George Cougars General Manager Dallas Thompson has accepted the resignation of Assistant General Manager/Director of Player Personnel Wade Klippenstein effective immediately.

Klippenstein has spent the past six seasons with the Prince George Cougars both in a coaching and management capacity. He spent the past four seasons as the Cougars Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel.

The Prince George Cougars want to thank Wade for his contributions to the team, and wish him luck in his future endeavors.
    http://ckpg.com/key-member-of-cougar...office-resigns
    It appears the winds of change are sweeping over Wade Klippenstein. On his Twitter account Klippenstein said “Thanks to everyone involved with the PG Cougars. Its been a wonderful 6 years. Best of luck down the road.” Klippenstein has served in different capacities with the team and was the current Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel. According to a report out of Regina, “philosophical differences” led to his resignation. There’s no word from the hockey club so far. Klippenstein had headed up the Cougars bantam draft. His departure would leave a big hole with the 2013 draft coming up in two weeks.

Iconwhl

Just another step leading up the the Cougars moving out of PG give it 2 more years & they will be gone. Players don't wanna go there, hockey minds have zero interest in getting hired or staying on there.

Brodsky will wake up 1 day & realise no 1 wants to be part of his organization in PG anymore. The fans already don't waste there dollars on the product its sad mostly for the kids playing there to play infront of under 1000 people at this level of play & in todays marketing world.

I like the PG Citizen article. It seems I heard Brodsky say something along the same line a couple years ago, and it sounded like the winter ship jumper Forsberg clan heard something to that effect when they were woo'd to signing on the bottom line, and no that is not statement believing it was a management or ownership issue in their case.

In my from afar position, I thought I read that they were told that managment/ownership was gonna turn a page and put some effort of their own in, yet we only watched the continued decline in interest in the team.

I thought I also read that the minority owner from the defunct Chili team had some talks with Brodsky, so that would mean atleast someone is/was looking.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyradiant View Post
    I thought I also read that the minority owner from the defunct Chili team had some talks with Brodsky, so that would mean atleast someone is/was looking.
    Rumor around town has it that in 2006 a group of ex-players offered to buy the team from Brodsky for $3million and they were turned down with Brodsky supposedly saying that wasn't enough. This just a rumor that I have heard many, many times from a lot of different fans and people in town.