Thread: 2013 WHL Bantam Draft

Threaded View

Default 2013 WHL Bantam Draft

Only a few more days until the 2013 Bantam draft goes down. First a couple of comments about past drafts and then onto this year’s draft.

#1 I hope whoever the Canes select in the 6th spot this year does not get shipped out when he is 17 for a third line banger and a middling draft pick!

#2 For all the abuse Preston took from we armchair GM’s, he has kept all, and then some, of the Hurricane’s draft picks for the next 2 years. RP could have dumped a lot of the 2013 and 2014 picks we still retain for a couple of rental players and probably easily have made the playoffs, thereby saving his job. Preston has left the Canes with a very deep current and future talent pool. Just too bad he didn’t have a bloody clue how to coach and motivate young kids.

These are the draft picks the Canes have for the next 2 years, listed by the number of picks in each round of the draft. We have at least 1 pick in every round for the next 2 years. Counting both Lethbridge's 2013 and 2014 picks we have 5 picks in the first 2 rounds and 10 picks in the first in the first 4 rounds. (As an aside, I smell a few trades, or 1 big trade happening in the next couple of days by our new GM)

2013 Lethbridge > 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 – Total 13
    2014 Lethbridge > 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 – Total 12
    Draft Picks 13-14> 2 3 3 2 3 3 2 2 3 2 – Total 25

I am not going to count all of the picks each team in the Dub has, but I am willing to bet only Brandon and Vancouver have more picks then the Canes do over the next 2 years. Thanks RP.

Mr Super Stat – Alan Caldwell – has a great list of every teams picks in each round: http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 04-29-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.