Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 2013 WHL Bantam Draft

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    people can be this dim, canewatcher states what he believe to be true as we all do, then you turn around and spew you non-sense about " I know for a fact " without listing where or who this fact comes from...your meaningless rambling speak volumes about the lack of grey matter up stairs...
    No one asked oh wise genius of the whiteboard. The source was his parents. Just ask, I don't post random ramblings, in fact I don't even post that much, but I do only post what I know to be true. Not everyone on here posts only what they speculate to be true, some people actually have information that is accurate, not a guess. He told me to get my facts right, not the other way around, then presented nothing to disprove my post. I don't claim to be a know it all, but I also don't accuse people of being mis-informed with nothing to back it up. If you are calling me stupid ergo lack of grey matter, I don' appreciate personal insults, nor should i be the recipient on here for posting. Better do an IQ check on yourself before you start hurling around "what you believe" to be true.
    vc124

Default Not disputing

Your facts in any way localguy, but I wouldn't expect the parents to tell anyone that their kid wasnt going to report to any team. That would be branding the kid and definitely not helping him out. Whether he would or wouldn't have, for whatever reason, Robson made his choice. Time will tell how it works out for him.

Default Simple questions

The 2 simple questions I would like all of you to respond to are these:

What are the odds the Canes make the playoffs this year?
    My bet is 80/20 YES.

What 3 players will be most responsible for the Canes making the playoffs?

#1 Corbin Boes
    #2 Jaimen Yakubowski
    #3 Reid Duke

Boes and Yakubowski are kind of a no brainer. Boes needs to have a save percentage of at least .910 or better and Yak has to score 44 goals or more. As for Duke being my 3rd choice, I don't expect him to be the 3rd best player on the team. Maxwell, Mckechnie, Ramsay and 1 or 2 D-men will probably actually be better than Duke. What I am thinking is Duke could be the player that makes this a playoff off year or not. He could fade away like Merkley, but if he has a 25 goals and 30 assist season, we make the playoffs.
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 08-06-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Duke may end up as the Canes #1 Center this year (no offence to the great Maxwell). Preston placed no importance on skill and Duke was the only player who could regularly beat d-men 1 on 1. As a 16 year old, that is a rare asset to have on any WHL team.

Once he gets more ice time this fall, I think he will be our top forward. The disappointment and motivation from being cut from the U18 team, along with two new/eager coaches will make him (and every other player) much better. Plus it's his draft year so I expect big things.

Only a few more weeks until training camp!!

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    The 2 simple questions I would like all of you to respond to are these:

What are the odds the Canes make the playoffs this year?
    My bet is 80/20 YES.

What 3 players will be most responsible for the Canes making the playoffs?

I would say 90/10 NO.

Always a chance since so many teams make it and you don;t have to be good to make it just not quite as bad as a few others but the team lacks talent, looks like it replaced one bad coach with another and the replaced one clueless GM with an equally clueless dope.

Not many (any) reasons to think that they make the play-offs this year or any time in the near future.

If they do make it Boes or one of the other goalies will have to improve tenfold and play way above what they have shown so far.

Some forward will have to similarly play about 10x what they have shown so far as they are a very unimpressive group.

Pilon has to step up huge and take a big leap in his game as he appears to be the only defenseman that is better than the average run of the mill WHL 4/5/6 guy.