Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 WHL Bantam Draft

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    @ HRock and Boceph - What are the best d-men at 6 in your opinion? I believe in building from the back end.
    A D man at 6 will be Fabbro or Quennville. Quennville to me, doesn't have the size, listed at 5'8"= 5"6" in reality. So I would take Fabbro as a D but I think they should be looking at forwards which I would say woul dbe a better gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Went up to Strathmore and saw some AB Cup games. Clague and Steel were very impressive. Throw in Benson and I could see those three AB kids going top three. They all looked dynamite.
    Canes pick 6th. Likely to miss out on all three. Who do they take?
    Howden, Patrick, Quennville, Fabbro, Aucoin, Anholt, Skinner (goaltender)?
    I smell a trade. I suspect Robson will be quite active leading up to opening night.
    Did you see anyone other then Robson, Matt K and Klinkhammer there (Strathmore) scouting for the Canes? I was only there ine day but that is all I saw. Med Hat had 12 scouts there and Regina had at least 8.

Default WEHP list

http://westernelitehockeyprospects.c...-thursday.html
    Seems to be that all the uncertainty can be traced to the unattractiveness of PG. I've read at least three top players that are believed to have no interest in reporting to PG which would result in a trade or PG going off the board with their pick.
    Last edited by Bocephus; 04-30-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    Did you see anyone other then Robson, Matt K and Klinkhammer there (Strathmore) scouting for the Canes? I was only there ine day but that is all I saw. Med Hat had 12 scouts there and Regina had at least 8.
    I was there on a Saturday. Saw Rimmer there. I don't really know the names or faces of anyone else to say yes or no. Sorry. Plenty of representation from everyone it seemed.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Yep I also just read somewhere (WEHP/ or HF) that Quennville may not go either (to PG). His older Bro was drafted to PG and never returned for a second WHL camp and is headed NCAA. Don't know what PG will do, maybe try to get Barzal??? It doens't sound llike hes to keen on Seattle.....unless Seattle takes Fabbro then maybe they both go to Seattle.... Who the heck knows.

Yep I also just read somewhere (WEHP/ or HF) that Quennville may not go either (to PG). His older Bro was drafted to PG and never returned for a second WHL camp and is headed NCAA. Don't know what PG will do, maybe try to get Barzal??? It doens't sound llike hes to keen on Seattle.....unless Seattle takes Fabbro then maybe they both go to Seattle.... Who the heck knows.
    Everyone seems to be down on Quenneville's height but he doesn't play like a little *****. He's fairly thick.
    You mention the Barzal and Fabbro connection but is there not a connection with Estephan and Quenneville playing together with SSAC a season ago? That might be interesting to think about from a Canes perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Klimchuck for the 6th highly doubt that. He would cost u your 1st, 2 nd and a player.
    Klimchuk will be graduated by the time the Pats rebuild bears fruit. Keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Everyone seems to be down on Quenneville's height but he doesn't play like a little *****. He's fairly thick.
    You mention the Barzal and Fabbro connection but is there not a connection with Estephan and Quenneville playing together with SSAC a season ago? That might be interesting to think about from a Canes perspective.
    Yes there is the SSAC connection, I think last year Qville won top D man in AB as a first year player which is remarkable. I dont know if Qville can play that way against bigger/ stronger players. There dones't seem to be a lot of high end players with size in this draft so it may be a good reason to overlook the size factor as well.

So many variables are in play with NCAA threats and past unreported high picks and franchises that are historically mismanaged that nothing seemed diffinitive at all. Mix in what seems to be MJ's Howden connection and predictions can be tossed out the window.
    Barzal, Gropp, Alex Forsberg, Seattle, PG, ... Alot of moving parts. The only thing that seems to be a sure thing is Vancouver choosing Benson.
    Whoever ends up with Clague is going to be a winner IMO. That kid is the real deal.

At 6 it could be anyone. I've heard there is a chance Steele might be available but I can't see it. Howden won't get past MJ, Patrick and Fabbro may go NCAA (or they are just trying to avoid PG). I really wouldn't mind seeing them trade down to a later pick in the first and pick up a second or third as well as the later rounds are very deep. Dropping from 6th to 12- 15 might actually see them picking a better WHLer, say McDonald over an undersized Quennville. I really think they can't lose no matter who they pick as long as they get a WHL committed player.
    How big (small) is Quennville? His brother is huge, so there's hope the younger one may grow!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.