Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 WHL Bantam Draft

What are you talking about? lol
    Last edited by Western Elite; 05-02-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: cause.

Default Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    He is an average goaltender, but has a lot of experience. If I am a Lethbridge fan, I would be hoping for a little more of a return..
    I think the trade is too imbalanced. IF Boes has a great year, and IF Skinner pans out then the reciprocity of the trade may not seem as bad as it does now.

Today, Clague for a questionable 20 YEAR OLD goalie and a wildcard future goalie just does not pass the smell test. That McCrimmon (sp) is the best damn trader in the Dub.

Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 05-02-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    that one player would make that much differance down the road, or i would make more sence to trade our 2nd and 3rd pick next year for a one year goalie we gave up the number one dman for the number one goalie.....like i said big deal...............
    No I don't think that one player will make that big a difference which is why it seems odd to trade for a 20 year old mediocre-bad goalie and as much worse player at 17.

Number 1 goalie by default not based on stellar play.

4. Default If we targeted him

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    I think the trade is too imbalanced. IF Boes has a great year, and IF Skinner pans out then the reciprocity of the trade may not seem as bad as it does now.

Today, Clague for a questionable 20 YEAR OLD goalie and a wildcard future goalie just does not pass the smell test. That McCrimmon (sp) is the best damn trader in the Dub.

Past first pick goalies –
    2002 @ # 7 Tri-City Americans - Carey Price
    2003 – First goalie taken was a third round bust
    2004 @ #14 Vancouver Giants- Tyson Sexsmith
    2005 @ #23 Swift Current – Ian Curtis (Bust)
    2006 @ #16 Kootenay Ice – Nathan Lieuwan
    2007 @ #21 Medicine Hat Tigers – Tyler Bunz
    2008 @ #26 Edmonton Oil Kings – Laurent Brossoit
    2009 @ #36 Medicine Hat – Dawson Macauley (Bust)
    2010 @ #13 Tri-City – Eric Comrie
    All first round, first taken goalies since 2002-2008 have been dominate in this league.
    We took the top rated tender that had a first round grade with a late b-day. We clearly liked and targeted him. We weren’t going to give a 6th for him so I don’t fault us for moving back regardless of the player at 6th, however I do wish we got more for the 11 spot jump.
    Personally, I would have took the top rated dman at 6. Traded back up into the 1st with picks and players (or combo of both). Gave futures for a 20yr old and draft a Euro goalie this spring.
    The value we received for the picks in rounds 2-4 looks great and I like that Brad wants to beef up the back end. We got future’s from Sask.
    Overall I think it is a solid B plus and I love that we got the top rated tender.

Default much worse...........

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    No I don't think that one player will make that big a difference which is why it seems odd to trade for a 20 year old mediocre-bad goalie and as much worse player at 17.

Number 1 goalie by default not based on stellar play.
    by your way of thinking all draft pick are a crapshoot so how can you say skinner is worse than clugue.....
    GO CANES GO.................

Default i agree............

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    All first round, first taken goalies since 2002-2008 have been dominate in this league.
    We took the top rated tender that had a first round grade with a late b-day. We clearly liked and targeted him. We weren’t going to give a 6th for him so I don’t fault us for moving back regardless of the player at 6th, however I do wish we got more for the 11 spot jump.
    Personally, I would have took the top rated dman at 6. Traded back up into the 1st with picks and players (or combo of both). Gave futures for a 20yr old and draft a Euro goalie this spring.
    The value we received for the picks in rounds 2-4 looks great and I like that Brad wants to beef up the back end. We got future’s from Sask.
    Overall I think it is a solid B plus and I love that we got the top rated tender.
    plus the fact that we are not that much higher on the food chain then prince george or seattle so maybe certain players would refuse to report......
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by here for the long run View Post
    Papirny was taken 22nd overall by Bdn in 2011...
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    by your way of thinking all draft pick are a crapshoot so how can you say skinner is worse than clugue.....
    I think that higher ranked guys are less of a risk especially top picks.

It is possible that the last guy taken in the draft will end up the best but I don't think it is really worth gambling that is going to be the case when you have a guy that is widely regarded as a top prospect.

If you want to move back to 17 and get something of value, sure. But to move back to 17 get a likely worse player and only get the goalie they did seems like more of the same from an organization that has been run into the ground the last 3 years and doesn't look like they are getting better any time soon.

Default Bonehead move...

by Robson. If he really completed this deal the day before the draft that is even more dumb then the trade itself. Overage goalies are a dime a dozen,

10. Default Boneheaded if true

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    by Robson. If he really completed this deal the day before the draft that is even more dumb then the trade itself. Overage goalies are a dime a dozen,
    I would assume the deal gets done the day or week before the draft in principle only. It would likely be contingent on what is there at 6 and Lethbridge would have the final say. It would have been interesting to see if the 6-3 shut down guy in Anderson was the guy available at 6 if the trade would have materialized. Sounds like Brad wants the big shut down d-men type as was the theme in round 3 and 4 (no dman taken listed under 6 feet). If Brad didn’t have the option to back out at the draft it is mistake he will hopefully never make again. Either or I don’t fault this move as I have been asking for a highly ranked goalie to be drafted since Preston took over.