Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2013 WHL Bantam Draft

Iconwhl

Clague would of looked alot better in a Canes jersey then Skinner thats forsure, what good will Skinner be if the skaters upfront cant put the puck in the net. It will be like Price when he was with TC outside of 1 really good season during his final year & they still only played 6 playoff games.

Default ya, and what if....................

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Clague would of looked alot better in a Canes jersey then Skinner thats forsure, what good will Skinner be if the skaters upfront cant put the puck in the net. It will be like Price when he was with TC outside of 1 really good season during his final year & they still only played 6 playoff games.
    the sun crashes into the earth....blah,blah,blah, this is one thing i cant stand about armchair gm's, they are unrealistic and just love to run on at the mouth about what if..lets put it this way if the canes cant put the puck in the net what good is a dman that has the talent of bobby orr....i'l tell you what, NOTHING they are still going to loose...........Ray Bourque in boston is a good comparison....let look at it in the real world the dub has changed, the gm dont hand out frebee's like candy and to think every trade should have 14 2nd round pick attached is stupid to say the least, you get what is on the table and live with it...and ya i know we should have got Ryan Pulock to make up the differance, ya i know.....my next question would be" what color is the sky in your world"..............
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post

the only thing i'm saying is it unfair to say when you dont know what was offered, nobody is going to give you a 2nd round pick for droping 11 spots in the 1st round.......time to move on.......

Sure but nobody is forcing you to move that 6th pick either.

If you don't get enough keep the pick.

This whining from many of you is hilarious... what if Robson had just went ahead and drafted Skinner at #6? If you look at it that way, we got a free #1 goalie for a year in the deal.

Maybe Clague said 'no thanks' to the Canes, maybe Robson saw some flaws in his game... and before you bring up Clague beating Dion Phaneuf's old bantam record... remember that Reners did the same in 2007 and he turned out to be a one dimensional player... Tyler Benson even went 1st overall this year and was 5 goals short of beating Reners record of 61...

Look at Boes when he had a decent team in front of him in 2011-12... he was tied for 3rd in WHL save percentage... ahead of goalies some of you may have heard of in Brossoit, Bartosek, and Lieuwen...

Did you know Brandon once traded away Rimmer to make room for Boes? Boes will be as good as Rimmer was for us. And with a better coaching system in place, playoff hockey will happen

Where is the positive reaction about stealing Tak Anholt in the 2nd round?! The pre-draft rankings (from 8 WHL teams) had him on average at 18th overall... the Canes got him at 30th.

And no comment on Jordan Porter, who is said to be an even faster skater than Jamal Watson...

GO CANES GO

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    the sun crashes into the earth....blah,blah,blah, this is one thing i cant stand about armchair gm's, they are unrealistic and just love to run on at the mouth about what if..lets put it this way if the canes cant put the puck in the net what good is a dman that has the talent of bobby orr....i'l tell you what, NOTHING they are still going to loose...........Ray Bourque in boston is a good comparison....let look at it in the real world the dub has changed, the gm dont hand out frebee's like candy and to think every trade should have 14 2nd round pick attached is stupid to say the least, you get what is on the table and live with it...and ya i know we should have got Ryan Pulock to make up the differance, ya i know.....my next question would be" what color is the sky in your world"..............
    hahaa u guys would of been up in arms had Preston made this trade at the draft but sinces its this new nobody u guys r giving him a break.... 20yr old goalies would of costed 4th round picks just before camp, there is nothing wrong with moving down in the draft but not at the expense of only grabbing a 20yr old goalie.... i guess time will tell how this trade pans out , as of draft day this trade favours the WKs big time.

hahaa u guys would of been up in arms had Preston made this trade at the draft but sinces its this new nobody u guys r giving him a break.... 20yr old goalies would of costed 4th round picks just before camp, there is nothing wrong with moving down in the draft but not at the expense of only grabbing a 20yr old goalie.... i guess time will tell how this trade pans out , as of draft day this trade favours the WKs big time.
    Looks like there's only two guys defending this deal. Also, Robson has made his own son Head Scout. Three things that could easily backfire, the trade, picking a goalie and the nepotism. Robson better know what he is doing, for his sake, for the teams sake and for the fans sake.

I think Mcrimmon did a good job getting a good return. Boes wasn't going to be in Brandon next season. Lethbridge could have gotten him for a 5th round pick after the draft most likely.

I don't' hate the deal from a Hurricanes perspective because it helps address their glaring goaltender needs, however I think their were better ways of addressing it.

Goalies can be an even bigger crapshot and if you look at the last few drafts. This year 2 goalies were picked in the first 2 rounds. Last year their were 2 picked as well. Year before that 1, year before that 1.

They could probably still have gotten one of the better goalie prospects in the 2nd round, and kept their #6 pick.

I don't remember the last time Lethbridge developed their own goaltender. Rimmer, Ketlo, Rowat, all brought in. They had Tait and Anderson but were inconsistent. Metsola was the last goalie above .900 save percentage in the euro draft in 08

I think your GM saw your goaltender needs as an issue, which is true, and attempted to address them. However Like i said above probably could have had better returns. IF that goalie pans out though you will look back on this as a very good deal. If he doesn't the trade will look awful.

Boes won't be a savoir but he should at least be steady.

Edit:I want to add that I think its a better deal than getting an overage goaltender for a 2nd and 3rd round pick in a down year.
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/

Default ya, you and regina................

have so much room to be calling someone else nobody's, your in the toilet with the rest of us......all i;m saying is give the man a chance, stasiak traded yellowhorn for a first round pick and got burnt big time but won the eastern con. a few years later......i wonder when was the last time regina won anything, i always have a hard time remembering back to 1950..........

Default cheveklave to pa....

[QUOTE=patsdude114;190698]... 20yr old goalies would of costed 4th round picks just before camp, there is nothing wrong with moving down in the draft but not at the expense of only grabbing a 20yr old goalie....
    this is what i'm talking about, Kamloops trades cheveklave and a 4th to pa for Kryski and a 7th round pick..Kryski was their 1st round pick (13th o/a) in 2013 draft.. who care about the 4th or 7th but to give up your 1st round pick for a overage goalie tell me the costs are high these days, so much for the 4th round theory.....

10. Default

[QUOTE=shushu;191352]
    ... 20yr old goalies would of costed 4th round picks just before camp, there is nothing wrong with moving down in the draft but not at the expense of only grabbing a 20yr old goalie....
    this is what i'm talking about, Kamloops trades cheveklave and a 4th to pa for Kryski and a 7th round pick..Kryski was their 1st round pick (13th o/a) in 2013 draft.. who care about the 4th or 7th but to give up your 1st round pick for a overage goalie tell me the costs are high these days, so much for the 4th round theory.....
    It also shows that teams are realizing you can’t win without a tender. I think all four goalies in the past W final are now drafted in the NHL. Preston’s mistake was not taking a tender with one of his three 2nd round picks in 2010. If Clague and Skinner are playing for the World juniors years from now no one is going to care what we got in the move down.
    Last edited by here for the long run; 07-10-2013 at 09:06 PM.