Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Draft day

I like the MacAuley trade we get a big goalie that will challange for the starter. Saw him play once and reminded me of McVicars that played with Brandon

Iconwhl

The kid put up solid numbers forsure but let's also remember that there is a huge difference in Jr A shooters compared to the WHL level in shooters. Beukeboom put up solid numbers as well in Jr A this past year but just played on a much weaker team.

I'm all for competion come camp time but the age group just doesn't make sense & the fact that the guy couldn't crack the Hitmen's roster as a backup says a lot as well.

Draft day in the books & looking from what the Pats did I am very happy with what they selected. Steel also plays LW which may be a better spot for him as a 16yr old especially with Luc Smith being a big 6'3 centerman. Can't wait to see these guys in the Pats summer camp before training camp. See the last 2 draft classes together on the ice to really see what we will have as they mature into WHL seasoned veterns in a few years time

Is there anyone excited about any other picks we made besides the obvious pick of Steel? For me it has to be Smith who really intrigues me a lot.

I heard the Giants are going to try to get Benson to be the 1st ever WHLer to get the "exceptational status" with some scouts saying Steel has that same potential to put up the numbers Benson did but Steel played on a much weaker team, could the Pats maybe seek the same?

I doubt the WHL grants this status to the Giants but it would be nice to see some 15yr olds in our league who have exceptional talent.

Average to below average draft the Pats had.

Iconwhl

Guess its hard to tell if it was a really good, good, avg, below avg or bad since the draft just happened & they r all 2yrs away & realistic 3 to 4 yrs away from really making an impact.

How's ur brother doing anyways? (Not that I care total sarcasm)

Getting steel puts the pats draft above avg on his pick alone. Come on he's going to be a game changer.

Can somebody please provide a link for the entire WHL 2013 draft? In the past the league has had the results front and centre as the draft progressed on draft day

thanks

Iconwhl

They did again today as well, I'm only on my phone so can't view there site too well when I get home ill find it unless someone else finds it for u by then

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    Average to below average draft the Pats had.
    well its a good thing you dont know too much, pirate.

----------

I think the fact we got a promising young roster player, along with a third(took a powerforward)...only for saying 'we wont pick this player who doesnt want to play for us', means we did OK. Not to mention we got one of the big fish.

And of course its quite early to say how things will really go with some other picks...but much of what we did sounds reasonable. The Pats have a knack for picking up diamonds in the rough.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    Can somebody please provide a link for the entire WHL 2013 draft? In the past the league has had the results front and centre as the draft progressed on draft day

thanks

here u go dsquared

http://www.whl.ca/draft/fullDraft

Scholier was rated in the first round as well and we landed him. Top 3 picks are gems.