Thread: Would You Rather.....

Default Would You Rather.....

So fans of the team and from around the league. Would you rather have have an awesome first round NHL player on your team for two years, he gone at 18, or a good WHL player who will be with the team for 4 years, and has all sorts of success as a twenty yr old?

This is how I'm seeing this past draft. Claque, as the best d man in Canada for his age, likely would play two seasons and be drafted, then move on to the NHL ( best case scenario). Skinner would come in as 17 yr old, maybe get drafted but would likely play in the league as an overager. I personally would like to see good players coming through and moving on to the next level but this could very well be how Robson looked at things.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
    So fans of the team and from around the league. Would you rather have have an awesome first round NHL player on your team for two years, he gone at 18, or a good WHL player who will be with the team for 4 years, and has all sorts of success as a twenty yr old?

This is how I'm seeing this past draft. Claque, as the best d man in Canada for his age, likely would play two seasons and be drafted, then move on to the NHL ( best case scenario). Skinner would come in as 17 yr old, maybe get drafted but would likely play in the league as an overager. I personally would like to see good players coming through and moving on to the next level but this could very well be how Robson looked at things.
    I would like to go into an off season knowing who my starting goalie is going to be. Anderson was the closest we have had in years and he didn’t pan out. I have always envied Koot as they have made the playoffs for so many straight seasons. They always seem to have stable goaltending. If I could get five seasons from a Franchise goalie over a two yr all star I am taking the Franchise goalie. Once I have my goalie situation stabilized I want to see the all stars come and go.

What do you think we are going to do in the Euro draft?

I would take Ty Rattie or Michael St. Croix over Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
    I am trying to think of a high end goalie that left at 18. Dan Blackburn?
    I do enjoy the spin the Canes put on the late birthday though. Pilon and Skinner are both late.
    We had Boychuk (Sbisa too)into his 19 year old season but even being a high pick their was the question of whether Carolina was going to return him which really handcuffed the Canes management.
    It really is a tight rope siuation for a franchise.
    Does anyone see Skinner playing number one minutes as a 16? If not then is there another bandaid brought in after Boes?
    It is a different feeling as a Canes fan to have that top end goalie in the system. When was the last time that existed? Koopmans?

Default i would take..............

justin fesur scoring 40 a year for 5 years over bobby orr ANYTIME.....great move imo, instead of the 20 year old every year lets develop our own from scatch...as for the draft crapshoot or not, when you draft from the top your odds improve...listening to pats interview with robson before the draft it sounded like they targeted skinner from the start.....http://soundcloud.com/cjoc-news/brad...ment-at-329749

ps...as for getting the best return i remember a few years back seattle was shoping around it 1st round pick and got nowhere, rumor has it we could have shipped fyten to seattle and got klimchuck in return through the draft.....couda wouda shouda....who know what was offered.....
    Last edited by shushu; 05-03-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: fbsd df
    GO CANES GO.................

Default you would think............

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Does anyone see Skinner playing number one minutes as a 16? If not then is there another bandaid brought in after Boes?
    It is a different feeling as a Canes fan to have that top end goalie in the system. When was the last time that existed? Koopmans?
    tai would be ready to go by next year......
    GO CANES GO.................