Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blades Potential Lineup for next year...

Default Blades Potential Lineup for next year...

Just my thoughts on who could be on the roster...

GOALTENDER (2)

Returnee's

Moodie (18) I think he'll be moved.

Newcomers.

Euro - Won't be surprised if the Blades pick another import goaltender.

FORWARDS (14)

Returnee's

Revel
    Graham
    Adamson
    Stovin
    Zajac
    Benoit (20)
    McColgan (20)
    Valcourt (20)
    Burns (20)
    Astles (20)
    Sutter (20) - Likely going pro

Rookies

Import
    Adamson (17)
    Gomerich (17)
    Hebig (16)
    Polei (17)
    Pruden (17)

Lots of rookies up front most likely. Hopefully the Blades can get some roster players back for their 20's.

DEFENSEMEN (7)

Returnee's

Nogier (17)
    Pufahl (20)
    Schmidt (20)
    Craig (20)
    Thrower (20)

Rookies

Hnidy (17)
    Kirichenko (17)
    Pichorsky (18) ?? If he's still listed

Blades will likely need to acquire some veteran d-men. Thrower and Pufahl likely the only two 20 yr old candidates worth considering to keep.

Good post, I still think letting Gwinner go was a mistake, since he would have got plenty of playing time next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney1988 View Post
    Good post, I still think letting Gwinner go was a mistake, since he would have got plenty of playing time next season.

I agree, the whole team stunk in the playoffs yet Molleken was to stubborn to put him in for some reason.

Iconwhl

I don't see McColgan, Thrower or Sutter back as 20yr olds, they will all go pro

I hope Lang makes an offer for Valcourt or Beniot (but more Valcourt) we need a big body upfront & we can throw in some Dmen bodies ha take Mumby off our hands please & a decent pick.

Looking at your potential roster looks like the Blades will have the best odds in next yrs draft lottery.

Don't think McColgan or Thrower have signed. Valcourt will prob be the prized 20 yr old. That lotto pick may be in our future......too bad it belongs to Vancouver! We maybe wouldn't be terrible if we could find some solid dmen, very thin/young there next yr. Hope those 2 r back, pretty good trade bait.

Iconwhl

Lots of time still for them to be signed, I'm sure both will get some looks from other teams if not signed. If they happen to be back I know I wouldn't want the Pats to even consider trading for them, too big of egos to ruin a locker room & to go along with too much crying.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    Don't think McColgan or Thrower have signed. Valcourt will prob be the prized 20 yr old. That lotto pick may be in our future......too bad it belongs to Vancouver! We maybe wouldn't be terrible if we could find some solid dmen, very thin/young there next yr. Hope those 2 r back, pretty good trade bait.
    Actually, Brandon has the option to switch first round picks with Stoon next season from the Walker deal, so for example, if Bdn has the 12th overall pick and Stoon has the 1st overall pick, Bdn will take the #1 pick, give Stoon the 12th pick which then gets sent to the Giants...
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Actually, Brandon has the option to switch first round picks with Stoon next season from the Walker deal, so for example, if Bdn has the 12th overall pick and Stoon has the 1st overall pick, Bdn will take the #1 pick, give Stoon the 12th pick which then gets sent to the Giants...
    ????? I don't remember a 1st rnd pick involved in this trade. According to whl.ca the tansaction was Walker and a Cond. 2nd rnd pick '13 to saskatoon for saskatoon's 2nd '12, 2nd '13 and 3rd '14.

Didn't we offer a first round pick in the Brayden Schenn deal or was that just for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    ????? I don't remember a 1st rnd pick involved in this trade. According to whl.ca the tansaction was Walker and a Cond. 2nd rnd pick '13 to saskatoon for saskatoon's 2nd '12, 2nd '13 and 3rd '14.
    I think there is also the option for Bdn to swap the 2 teams picks in the 1st round, 2014 draft
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.