Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Saskatoon Blades Memorial Cup Thread

Well great game last night. For all those hockey fans who stayed home this week I feel sorry for you. We were treated to some great hockey. As for the Blades they gave it their all and were simply outmatched. That said the game against Halifax was one of the most exciting games I have been to live in a long time.

As for the people who sat at home and watched the games and complained about the attendance. From the stats I read they had the 2nd highest total attendance in memorial cup history. Apperently thats terrible tho.

Anyway all in all great event.

I managed to make it to three games before my hockey dollar for the week was maxed out, but I must say that the value of the hockey dollar was definitely stretched this past week and a bit. Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Horvat, Domi, and seeing the Blades win a Memorial Cup game on home ice.

I must say though, rush hour traffic in the north end and 6PM start times didn't mesh well. I get that you need to pander to Ontario/Quebec when it comes to TV times, but damn.

I'm a bit torn in thinking that I'm happy the Blades hosted the 2013 edition and thinking that they should've waited. I'm happy because 2013 had a hell of a lot of talent, but I think hosting this year hurt the Blades a lot more for the future.

Oh well. Maybe next time we mention "Blades" and "memorial cup" in the same sentence it'll be because they're travelling there.

Iconcup

It was a great Memorial Cup and I had a great time. Thank you Saskatoon!

Quote Originally Posted by the Royal Flush View Post
    It was a great Memorial Cup and I had a great time. Thank you Saskatoon!
    Were you, by chance, the only fellow I saw wearing a Blue Royals jersey?

Also, I fully hope that Victoria bids in 2016. And gets it. I don't want Vancouver to get it again.

Iconcup

Quote Originally Posted by Nook View Post
    Were you, by chance, the only fellow I saw wearing a Blue Royals jersey?

Also, I fully hope that Victoria bids in 2016. And gets it. I don't want Vancouver to get it again.

That was me. I hope we bid as well. The Island is a very nice place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by the Royal Flush View Post
    That was me. I hope we bid as well. The Island is a very nice place to live.
    My friend just moved out there with the Navy about 6 months ago. I don't think he's comin' back, ha.

Victoria would do a great job. After the Memorial Cup being in the Eastern Conference two straight times, it'll be in the west next. I would say that Victoria, Vancouver, Portland and maybe Everett being interested in bidding.

My money says it goes to Red Deer. Alberta has never hosted the Cup.

The fix is in already for Vancouver. They have Benson and they will want to center piece him in the draft. They will also promise a ton of money something the CHL is more interested in.