Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Saskatoon Blades Memorial Cup Thread

Quote Originally Posted by the Royal Flush View Post
    If you are an old school Victoria Cougars fan. You cant pull for Portland. Its just the way she goes.
    I used to work for the Victoria Cougars. Al Patterson was the GM back then. Moved over to Tri Cities with him. I understand the Portland thing. I'm cheering for them because I believe they got a raw deal from the league and its going to be a very long time before they will be back.

Macaronie has a poor showing in the tournament. Lord Stanley needs numerous boxes of tissues to wipe away tears. And the Blades closest game is a loss by at least two goals.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    I used to work for the Victoria Cougars. Al Patterson was the GM back then. Moved over to Tri Cities with him. I understand the Portland thing. I'm cheering for them because I believe they got a raw deal from the league and its going to be a very long time before they will be back.

Portland will b decent the next couple years. They got some solid prospect's that will take over next yr. Bittner, Iverson, De Leo and Bjorkstrand. They could have Pouliot back next yr as well.

Look for the Q to win 3 in a row, I really don't think anyone can stop Halifax. If anyone can it will be Portland.

Default Q to win

I certanly hope so. Hate to miss first week but will be there Tues 21 with 4 other moose maniacs. Hoping to have a blast in Saskatoon, first time there

Go Moose Go

These tourneys rarely go as people expect. Portland and London look the most tested already while Halifax played a bunch of zero's on route. If any of you think those east Quebec teams that Halifax beat up on are on par with the Edmonton, Kamloops, Plymouth, Kitchener or Barrie your dreaming.

London are Portland are battle ready and will likely show it.

At the end of this deal a rested Blades team may yet be heard from as injuries mount for visitors. I think London might actually arrive with everyone ready to go...Portland may be missing one guy.

Halifax after their walk in the park should be fine......but are they ready for these physical poundings about to come...we'll see.

In a Dud setting rules dictate play and London love physical hockey as do Winterhawks. Saskatoon has some beef so please fplks ignore the media buzz with the Moose until they play a couple.

I attended Shawinigan last spring and kept hearing how the Sea Dogs would run that young London team over......5-2 Knight's and they were the physical team throwing guys against the glass every shift.

Enjoy and GL to all.

Default Game one Tickets

Hey Peeps

I have 4 tickets section 19 row 8 seats 1-4 game Blades vs Knights.
    Make me an offer tickets are hard copy and we couried them to Sask.
    Be quick Ill be waiting to hear best bid wins.
    send bids to gfollett@eastlink.ca

Go Moose Go

Iconwhl

I must say was a great gaame to watch, the Knights skated circles around the Blades though. The Blades struggled to keep up, & the PP by the Knights gained momemteum all game long, Makarov made 5 huge saves on that 5on3 thaat kept the Blades in & gave them some momemteum but outside of that the Knights controlled the game all night long.

Blades are in tough now as they must win the next 2 to have any hope

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I must say was a great gaame to watch, the Knights skated circles around the Blades though. The Blades struggled to keep up, & the PP by the Knights gained momemteum all game long, Makarov made 5 huge saves on that 5on3 thaat kept the Blades in & gave them some momemteum but outside of that the Knights controlled the game all night long.

Blades are in tough now as they must win the next 2 to have any hope
    Of course the Blades were in tough and were out played tonight. That's to be expected when they haven't played for real in 6 weeks. With all that against them they still had a chance to win. Makarov stole games for them all season and will have to do it again in the MC for them to have any chance. It can be done though. 1 win could make the playoff round. Long way to go yet.

Talent beats toughness every time now days . Lorne is the only one who cant figure it out. Hes a dinasour from the 70's . I was at the game and london was light years ahead on talent. Big daddy ferland was a non factor again lol .if macaroni doesnt play the way he did its 8 - 2.blades d men were overwhelmed all night. Looking forward to sat game.
    GO WARRIORS GO