Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pats ownership call for press conference at 2pm tomorrow.

Default Pats ownership call for press conference at 2pm tomorrow.

Selling the team>Letting Lang go.

Iconwhl

it better be selling the team, i cant see them calling a press conference involving the ownership just to let the GM go, plus they gave Lang an extention just last season.

Lang is doing a great job rebuilding this franchise he had nothing to work with when he took the job & he is slowly building it back to being respectable. The on ice success hasnt happened yet but this yr will be his what 2nd draft class to be able to make the roster? It is a slow process to rebuild especially when u had nothing to begin with besides Klimchuk.

interesting.....a new ownership would certainly mean big changes in all areas including the end of the Lang era

Iconwhl

It wouldnt necessarily mean the end of the Lang era per say sometimes there is conditions put towards sales as well.

I guess its the waiting game til tomorrow at 2pm to see what this big annoucment is

so did Brent Parker finally feel bad enough about running the team into the ground .....that he finally stepped down.

Iconwhl

Abit of a let down in a way but it is still nice to finally have Brent out of the way fully with this organization. Lang has paid his dues in the WHL with 3 organizations (MJ, BRN, REG) he has done a great job in the slow rebuild process with the Pats. Some think its a step back with having Conacher step down but i truely believe it is a big step forward for our on ice development.

Lang has made nurmerous trades over the yrs to try to restock the cupboards that Brent emptied. Bringing in guys like Ouellette, Underwood, Jobke, Fenske, Marinicin, Hak, Samoridny to name a few. Some guys were only here for a short time, others have had an impact & turned into quality players within there role. A guy like Ouellette was brought in 3 yrs ago in 2010-11 season after making the Tigers but wasnt enough ice for him to truely develop. Ouellette has turned into a solid PK & checking role player who has showed some offensive side at times.

Lang hasnt even put his stamp on this team as of yet as its still in the rebuild. After this season the team will need to see big improvements or all his effort will have been for nothing. This year i do believe we will be around the 4th/5th/6th spot. There is talent on our roster which is of course lead by Klimchuk & Stephenson with a decent castoff with Stevenson, McCoy, Chirstoffer, Ouellette, Burroughs & Williams. Hoping a guy like Hunt, Rodewald or Samoridny can take on bigger roles this year.

Im really looking forward to the Spring Camp at the end of the month with the prospects coming in to play scrimmages among there peers. As fans we get to see what we will have in a few years time, see which players will really step up & some will be capable of pushing for a roster spot this season.

Was Lang the one who chose not to trade Tuebert and Eberle?

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Abit of a let down in a way but it is still nice to finally have Brent out of the way fully with this organization. Lang has paid his dues in the WHL with 3 organizations (MJ, BRN, REG) he has done a great job in the slow rebuild process with the Pats. Some think its a step back with having Conacher step down but i truely believe it is a big step forward for our on ice development.

Lang has made nurmerous trades over the yrs to try to restock the cupboards that Brent emptied. Bringing in guys like Ouellette, Underwood, Jobke, Fenske, Marinicin, Hak, Samoridny to name a few. Some guys were only here for a short time, others have had an impact & turned into quality players within there role. A guy like Ouellette was brought in 3 yrs ago in 2010-11 season after making the Tigers but wasnt enough ice for him to truely develop. Ouellette has turned into a solid PK & checking role player who has showed some offensive side at times.

Lang hasnt even put his stamp on this team as of yet as its still in the rebuild. After this season the team will need to see big improvements or all his effort will have been for nothing. This year i do believe we will be around the 4th/5th/6th spot. There is talent on our roster which is of course lead by Klimchuk & Stephenson with a decent castoff with Stevenson, McCoy, Chirstoffer, Ouellette, Burroughs & Williams. Hoping a guy like Hunt, Rodewald or Samoridny can take on bigger roles this year.

Im really looking forward to the Spring Camp at the end of the month with the prospects coming in to play scrimmages among there peers. As fans we get to see what we will have in a few years time, see which players will really step up & some will be capable of pushing for a roster spot this season.
    Just curious as to why it is a let down that parker is out? I would be thrilled. The next step is to put the Pats up for sale and I know 2 ex players that are very anxious to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Just curious as to why it is a let down that parker is out? I would be thrilled. The next step is to put the Pats up for sale and I know 2 ex players that are very anxious to buy.
    The press conference was a let down because the team wasn't sold...which was the general consensus/hope of most fans.

I'm sure BP on a personal level is a great guy...but I am going to miss picking on you guys because of him. Probably the best decision for your team is change, and you received that today.

1989 Memorial Cup Champions