Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cory Clouston New Raiders Coach

Default Cory Clouston New Raiders Coach

How do you Raider fans feel about that?

Interesting.
    Last edited by chalk_one_up; 06-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Prepare for the veterans to get all the icetime, the young guys relegated to spot duty and/or dman playing as wingers on the 4th line eg Nikkel/Kuzeck. Boring, defensive hockey and boring, monatone, singled word answers on the radio after games.
    That's what i remember from his year in Brandon anyway, hopefully he's adapted since then......
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Prepare for the veterans to get all the icetime, the young guys relegated to spot duty and/or dman playing as wingers on the 4th line eg Nikkel/Kuzeck.
    No different than last season. Play the hell out of the top 2 lines and then fade in the latter portion of games/season due to fatigue. Also defensemen Bourhis and Guenther played forward during their time, so they're basically getting a more expensive Steve Young in Clouston.

They were better off with Ron Bonneau or Kim Dryka tbh.

I think he has a pretty good resume Mr. Sbtatter!

2 league championships

NHL coaching experience with the Sens and above .500 at that.

Under 18 gold medal winning performance.

Let the Binghamton Sens to many successful seasons.

Sorry but perhaps you have to realize that not every situation is a perfect fit for a coach. I guess you wouldn't get that though.

he is a Mike Keenan style coach, whatever success he has is short lived and players hate him and he gets run out of town. perhaps bruno felt they were lacking that as I have heard Steve was very soft on the players. Well this guy certainly isn't that is for sure. he doesn't play the young guys much at all so development is out the window. Bruno would know his players better than anyone I hope, so this is obviously what he felt they needed to turn the corner.

Coaching [notes]
    Season Team Lge Type GP W L T OTL Pct Result
    1999-00 Kootenay Ice WHL Assistant
    2000-01 Kootenay Ice WHL Assistant
    2002-03 Kootenay Ice WHL Head 72 36 25 6 5 0.576 Lost in round 2
    2003-04 Kootenay Ice WHL Head 72 32 30 7 3 0.514 Lost in round 1
    2004-05 Kootenay Ice WHL Head 72 47 15 7 3 0.722 Lost in round 3
    2005-06 Kootenay Ice WHL Head 72 45 23 0 4 0.653 Lost in round 1
    2006-07 Kootenay Ice WHL Head 72 49 17 0 6 0.722 Lost in round 1
    2007-08 Binghamton Senators AHL Head 80 34 32 0 14 0.513 Out of Playoffs
    2008-09 Binghamton Senators AHL Head†
    2008-09 Ottawa Senators NHL Head‡ 34 19 11 0 4 0.618 Out of Playoffs
    2009-10 Ottawa Senators NHL Head 82 44 32 0 6 0.573 Lost in round 1
    2010-11 Ottawa Senators NHL Head 82 32 40 0 10 0.451 Out of Playoffs
    2011-12 Brandon Wheat Kings WHL Head 72 39 28 0 5 0.576 Lost in round 2

as you can see, what has been said above seems to hold true. great regular seasons and out early in the playoffs, shows too much fatigue in players and loss of respect from players. but in PA if he can get them to the playoffs every year he will be around a long long time.

How did pa afford him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    I think he has a pretty good resume Mr. Sbtatter!

2 league championships

NHL coaching experience with the Sens and above .500 at that.

Under 18 gold medal winning performance.

Let the Binghamton Sens to many successful seasons.

Sorry but perhaps you have to realize that not every situation is a perfect fit for a coach. I guess you wouldn't get that though.
    If you noticed, I only related the year in Brandon, no one is debating his WHL record in the early 2000's or his AHL/NHL record. If you don't believe me regarding the Brandon experience, ask around!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Elite View Post
    How do you Raider fans feel about that?
    Too bad he wasn't here for the last couple of seasons McNeill could have used a coach who demanded excellence and effort on and off the ice. Bruno has effectively painted himself into a corner now. No longer can the coach be blamed for the team's poor performance. Clouston is an arrogant pr**k but a competant one with a brilliant hockey history. He'll get the most out of the team IMO. Happy here!