Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Logo

Default New Logo

It's simple but definitely recognizable. I will look good on all 'canes merchandise.Hopefully we keep this one for a long time and now focus on the team on the ice. I don't think anyone can accuse us of stealing their design.
    Thoughts guys?

The logo is okay to me and to be honest I expected worse. It reminds me a lot of the jersey from the Sabir team in the KHL. One of the board members told us that the logo was designed by another board member's brother and he was paid quite handsomely for it so the playing favorites with these yahoos on the board continues.

I am with you though. It is time to put this to bed and concentrate on the team again. We are very much looking forward to September and seeing what the season brings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CanesCrazy View Post
    The logo is okay to me and to be honest I expected worse. It reminds me a lot of the jersey from the Sabir team in the KHL. One of the board members told us that the logo was designed by another board member's brother and he was paid quite handsomely for it so the playing favorites with these yahoos on the board continues.

I am with you though. It is time to put this to bed and concentrate on the team again. We are very much looking forward to September and seeing what the season brings.
    CanesCrazy... your logo is different from the one shown on Pat's blog

Default LOGO

Saw one response on twitter that they thought it looked like Twister had been flushed down the toilet head first and just his legs were showing. Thought that was rather funny. Goes with the City Hall looking like a toilet with Counsel Chambers being the bowl analysis.
    Anyway, I couldn't care less. It's a friggin logo. It works for me. Let's be more concerned with the on ice product.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

I don't get it. I thought Lethbridge jerseys were one of the best in the league. I don't get why the change. I personally like last years way better.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    I don't get it. I thought Lethbridge jerseys were one of the best in the league. I don't get why the change. I personally like last years way better.
    They were legally forced to by the NHL Capitals *** have you been?

It's "okay" to me, it's on the "safe" side. I think they had to go safe based on the Twister/ Tazz logo and potential legalities, and what happened with the Capitals. They are cautious about the Hawker logo and will only use it on the third jersey due to potential copyright issues as well. Theres no trademarking a letter is there? Unless you'r McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    They received a cease and desist letter (or something) from the Washington Capitals, based on copyright infringement. They had to either adopt a new logo (and sell thousands of new jerseys), or spend a bunch of money fighting an NHL team in court.

Question excempt

So the Kitchener Rangers and Portland Winter Hawks are exempt from copyright infringement.

Or they obtained permission, or the Rangers/Blackhawks just don't care.

Default Big Torro.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Torro View Post
    CanesCrazy... your logo is different from the one shown on Pat's blog
    Big Torro. The logo that CanesCrazy posted with his comment was the logo of the Sabir team in the KHL. That was the point he was making about similarities. Does that make sense now?
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.