Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Logo

Default Seriously??

Quote Originally Posted by jkanes View Post
    Newly filed with Canadian government - application for a new logo/trademark for 2014-2015...

http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-ci...tIndexOnPage=1

This team is going from bad to worse, if that is even possible? This logo is awful and does it mean a full color pallet change as well? I understand having to change the logo because of the Washington bullies, but to this? Just more money down the already full and overflowing drain.

Default Ghost Logo??

Newly filed with Canadian government - application for a new logo/trademark for 2014-2015...

http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-ci...tIndexOnPage=1
    My first reaction was ***. Is it April Fools Day or something. When you check out the government website, this was filed on June 25 2013. The current Canes logo was announced and presented around June 15 2013. That and a lot of other info on that web site makes no sense. It appears the patent office was still processing this logo request as late as April 2014. Again, things get more confusing. It also shows that the Final registration number has not been issued. Does that mean the logo is not patented?.

This whole thing is about as confusing as the Canes on ice systems. Is this just leftover from the search for a new logo last year? Also, it looks too much like the Hitmen's 3rd jersey IMO.

How did you even find this info jkanes? Do you know for sure this is really a new logo the Canes are going to have?
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 05-30-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    How did you even find this info jkanes? Do you know for sure this is really a new logo the Canes are going to have?
    Yeah, looking at it now that's what it is. Dylan Purcell retweeted a tweet from a legal guy earlier today saying the Canes were filing a new logo, but then cleared it up later in today, saying that this was filed around the same time last year as the current logo, and they want to continue pursuing the trademark rights for the logo should they ever want to use it in the future. My mistake I guess for trying to break news and follow news people like that.
    We may see it in the future, but it's not gonna be on our main jerseys next year.

Yeah, looking at it now that's what it is. Dylan Purcell retweeted a tweet from a legal guy earlier today saying the Canes were filing a new logo, but then cleared it up later in today, saying that this was filed around the same time last year as the current logo, and they want to continue pursuing the trademark rights for the logo should they ever want to use it in the future. My mistake I guess for trying to break news and follow news people like that.
    We may see it in the future, but it's not gonna be on our main jerseys next year.

One must wonder if the current one is copyrighted.