Thread: Lucas Sutter

Default Lucas Sutter

Well Red Deer now has another 20 year old that makes 5 if you think Theil is in the mix. Looks like they are planning on Bartosak not being back if that is the case I wonder if they draft a goalie in the Euro draft. Won't have that option in 2014.

Will be interesting to see what this team can do when they don't have to get control of the puck back, after losing EVERY key faceoff. This trade fills this huge deficiency in the lineup, and means that Maxwell can move back to his natural position.

Sutter will add a lot to the team, but two picks and a player seems like a lot for a 20 year old. Are there any other Sutters out there we can get?

Iconwhl

The 7th rd pick really is nothing worth value anyways so I wouldn't worry to much about that, its more of a throw in for stoon just to get some bodies into there rebuilding phase.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    The 7th rd pick really is nothing worth value anyways so I wouldn't worry to much about that, its more of a throw in for stoon just to get some bodies into there rebuilding phase.
    I doubt they'll take the 7th round pick. Pochuk should make the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelsfan13 View Post
    Sutter will add a lot to the team, but two picks and a player seems like a lot for a 20 year old. Are there any other Sutters out there we can get?
    Nope, I think we have run out for a while, sort of like Vandermeers.

You can never have enough Vandermeers and more than one Vandermeer (Pete and Jim) were productive for Red Deer! So far only one Sutter has been productive for the Rebels which one could argue was a dad looking out solely for the interest of his son over the team. I never liked the aquisition of Brett and thought he was overrated during his stint with the Rebels. Here's hoping that this deal pays off!

So far only one Sutter has been productive for the Rebels which one could argue was a dad looking out solely for the interest of his son over the team.
    Was entertaining though, only the second time that I can recall Sutter ever putting any significant amount of money into bringing in a proven import player (or in this case, two).

I never liked the aquisition of Brett and thought he was overrated during his stint with the Rebels. Here's hoping that this deal pays off!
    This was one of the best deals in Rebels history though, as they unloaded that pylon Kurceba on the Ice in the process. His production was ok, but he is still the only Rebel that I would ever classify as a 'diver'. He would do a couple of cartwheels any time anyone's stick went anywhere near his legs. Can't say I was a fan of that part of his game.

Default i dont think the 20 year old ............

market is as cheap as it use to be, we got boes for droping 11 spots on draft day(clague) we got a 1st and 2nd for braes at the dead line, and rimmer cost us a ton before the season even started(2nd & 3rd)...family or not, I think it unrealistic as fans to think anyone comes for free anymore......
    GO CANES GO.................