Thread: 2013/14 Roster

Threaded View

Default 2013/14 Roster

This a week or two early but its a month to training camp and I have some time now so I will start it off. looking only at the PPL
    As a result of the strength of the draft of 97 born player (2012 draft) the roster could include 4 or 5 16 year olds this season and with the talent and size of this year draft another 3, 4 or 5 16 year old players next year and that is very encouraging for 3 and 4 seasons from now.
    Tenders:
    Sacher, Beukeboom, and McCauley all 19 will compete for the starters job. Gora (17) and Schneider (16) will battle for the back up. The WHL has a rule that any 16 year old must play 40 games and if that includes tenders I think that would rule out Schneider unless just being dressed and on the bench counts. They drafted another 6 foot tender (Chapman) this year but he is not eligible to play this season.
    D-Fence:
    Burroughs (18), Williams (18), Sinitsyn (19) for sure. Either Fensky or Holland both (20) will fill one spot. Brady Reagan (16) and Robbie Fulton (16) are both serious contenders and that is 6 d-men. the remaining will fill the 1 or 2 spots (16s) Brendan Kallis, James Hilsendager, (17s) Chase Harrison, Eric Donald, Griffen Mumby, (18s) Tye Hand (19s) Steven Hak, Darian Henry, Kade Pilton and 3 college players Nolan DeJong, Alec cCrea and Brady Skjei.
    that make 12 players for 2 spots. I thought at the spring camp Kallis was very steady, stay at home d-man and very coachable but that would be 3 16s and the 40 game rule be very restrictive for juggling the lineup. Either Hak or Hand (I get them cunfussed) showed a lot of improvement last year so should be concidered.
    Forwards:
    (20s) Dyson Stevenson and Trent Ouellette, (19s) Chandler Stephenson, Jack Rodewald, Carson Samoridny, Marc McCoy, (18s) Mogan Klimchuk, Braden Christoffer, Goerdie McGuire, a question mark Dryden Hunt. (17s) Adam Brooks, Maxmillan Klammerer. If you add 2 (16s) Ryker Cole, Rylee Zimmer, Adam Berg and Colton Kroeker have a leg up for those spots but the remaining (16s) have a chance Liam Finlay, Drew Litwin, Jared McAmmond, Angus Scott and Austin Wagner. 2 (17s) forwards are on the PPL Bryar Ortynsky and Dane Schiolerand and 19 year old Patrick D'Amico.
    The first gruop with 2 (16s) and Hunt is 14 forwards, so only 1 or 2 spots up for grabs. I could see a trade of a tender for a (17) forward
    Lots to ponder and looks what could be a very competitive camp. The team could have 4 (16s) this season.
    Look forward to all you posters thoughts and comments
    GO PATS GO
    Last edited by RWAH; 07-26-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: typos and clarity