Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013/14 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    There was a whole whopping 1% difference between Honey's SV% & Sacher's SV% so guess with what you said prior his numbers should be alarming as well going into this season.........correct? (If I remember correctly you are a WKs fan, not that I truly care what team you cheer for though)

Also comparing a 20yr old goalie to a 18yr old goalie is showing how little you truly know about junior hockey. Ill just leave it at that......

For all we know maybe Sacher & MacAuley all over acheived in the roles they were in & the Pats will be left with nothing to work with when it comes to goaltenders. Guess that's why there is training camps & a season to be played....

I think Alan is a Hitmen fan, though he can correct me on that. I think it's easy to take save percentage for granted. I used to not pay much attention to it and always focused on the G.AA but when you see a goaltender with a G.AA of 3.00 or higher but he has a save percentage of over 90, you gotta look beyond the net and look at the team he's on. I tend to look at the % more as I think it reflects more on the goaltender then the G.AA does. Just my opinion.

Having said that, I dunno much bout the Pats goaltenders so I won't comment on them but I will say I think their going to be better then the Blades although Spencer Tremblay who is trying out has looked good and according to some close to the Blades feel that he could end up being the starter. So if he comes in and takes the starting job and shows well then that will be a relief to the Blades. Moodie's save percentage last year by the way was a whopping .84 lol ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    There was a whole whopping 1% difference between Honey's SV% & Sacher's SV% so guess with what you said prior his numbers should be alarming as well going into this season.........correct? (If I remember correctly you are a WKs fan, not that I truly care what team you cheer for though)

Also comparing a 20yr old goalie to a 18yr old goalie is showing how little you truly know about junior hockey. Ill just leave it at that......
    One, SV% is a tough thing to compare between goalies from different teams because the circumstances from team to team can be so different - quality of the team around them, whether the team plays a defence-first approach, etc. You CAN compare between goalies on the same team though since they play behind the same defence and within the same system.

Two, I am aware that players tend to improve as they get older. The biggest jump is usually from 17 to 18. 18 to 19 is smaller and 19 to 20 is usually negligible. I never said that Sacher couldn't improve, only said that his improvement from 18 to 19 needs to be pretty significant or the Pats goaltending situation is going to be a problem.

Three, I'm not a Wheat Kings fan so you must have me confused with somebody else. I'm not sure how what team I'm a fan of makes any difference in having a civil discussion about the Pats' fortune. But if it does matter, this is me: http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/

To add my two cents. and to throw in some more stats Macauley playoff stats are GGA 1.94 and save % of .932. If one assumes that as the Terriers went deeper into the playoffs their opponents would be better and better teams and at some point those teams might be as good as the average WHL team. Those are impressive tender stats.
    Alan C: your posts, opinion and blog (http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca) is always respected and appreciated by this poster.

Iconwhl

I fully get where your coming from when trying to compare 2 goalies on the same team but yet also still a tough task as well when you factor in age & experience within the league. Then the great difference in styles of play between both Hewitt & Sacher, then throw in how much of a roller coaster season the Pats had with players in and out of the lineup on any given game due to the ever revolving door of injuries.

One having watched Sacher all year long and seeing how he progressed all season long I do believe Sacher will improve on his season from last year as his numbers really didn't show his level of play. Im not saying by any means the Pats goaltending will be tops in the league but I do believe the goaltending will be good enough to win games and get into the playoffs (baring another injury plague season within the team).

Also I am still on the fence about MacAuley, yes he put up stellar numbers in Jr. A but still its a big step down from the WHL level. I attended a couple SJHL games about 5 or 6 yrs ago the hockey is a significantly lower level then the WHL.