Thread: Axel signs ATO with Jets

Default Axel signs ATO with Jets

Axel Blomqvist ‏@AxelBlomqvist 6 Aug
    Pretty pumped about signing an ato contract with the winnipeg jets. Back to lethy in a couple of weeks then Winnipeg a week after that

I would assume an ATO is better then just getting a training camp invite? or is it the same?

I think an ATO just stands for Amateur Try Out. The Jets will pay for his expenses (flights, hotel, and meals) but no salary. The "contract" is signed for insurance purposes in case he gets hurt. In rare cases, a player shines and gets signed to a entry level contract, earning himself one of the 50 spots on the NHL club's list.

Nice to see Axel and a couple other Canes getting an NHL tryout... they will learn some valuable things both on and off the ice to bring back to the Canes.

Default canes add third coach.....

mike craig added to canes coaching staff today..i would bet drake b. had a hand in this hire, he played his jr in the o at the same time craig did..three young coaches with lots of experience and different backgrounds, let the year begin already......
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by shushu View Post
    mike craig added to canes coaching staff today..i would bet drake b. had a hand in this hire, he played his jr in the o at the same time craig did..three young coaches with lots of experience and different backgrounds, let the year begin already......
    When I first saw that you had posted, I thought oh oh, what is Shushu gonna ***** about now. Well lo and behold, you had put a positive spin on todays coaching news. Good on you Shushu. I think maybe you have got to that place in time that I have. That is, after bumbling and stumbling around for 4 years with Old Man Preston, these 3 new young coaches are at least gonna give the Canes some drive, ambition and energy.

Let's face it. The 3 of these guys combined have almost zero as far as coaching results go, but it sounds like all three bring some energy and life to the Canes. I am ready to let these 3 have at her for a while and let's see if the results are any different. I for one think we are truly seeing a turning point with this franchise. Without Preston and MK were not the most energetic, get er done, kick ass now kinda people. Pat S seems to see a much better energy level already, and he better than anyone else should know about those kind of things as it relates to the Hurricanes.

Sometimes it is not just about the X's and O's....it's about given her h@ll and goin hard!
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 08-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default this is what im hope'n..............

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    these 3 new young coaches are at least gonna give the Canes some drive, ambition and energy.

Let's face it. The 3 of these guys combined have almost zero as far as coaching results go, but it sounds like all three bring some energy and life to the Canes.
    Sometimes it is not just about the X's and O's....it's about given her h@ll and goin hard!
    “The Solar Bears selection of Drake Berehowsky as Head Coach is fully endorsed by the Wild and Aeros,” said Jim Mill, the Minnesota Wild’s Assistant to the GM. “They have selected an individual that has a passion for coaching, the tools to be a great coach, and a motivator who will insure that the Solar Bears are a tough opponent in the ECHL.”“Drake’s positive energy and enthusiasm is infectious,”...

I'm looking forward to this years hockey for some weird reason, i'm hope'n thing turn around for the better with three young coaches with some energy and life as you said.......
    GO CANES GO.................