Thread: Rebels acquire Morse

Default Rebels acquire Morse

Training camp starts this weekend, talked to Tiny in the mall the other day, and now a trade! Nothing like these things to get me excited for the upcoming season!

Was impressed with him when they visited, and despite taking a penalty where the Rebels scored on the ensuing powerplay, there wasn't anything wrong with his game from a technical standpoint, and his family sat near me, and was VERY supportive and enthusiastic. Really wonder why the Warriors were willing to part with a huge, gritty defenseman for what amounts to nothing (conditional 10th round pick I heard).
    Last edited by SectionNDeserter; 08-21-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    Training camp starts this weekend, talked to Tiny in the mall the other day, and now a trade! Nothing like these things to get me excited for the upcoming season!

Was impressed with him when they visited, and despite taking a penalty where the Rebels scored on the ensuing powerplay, there wasn't anything wrong with his game from a technical standpoint, and his family sat near me, and was VERY supportive and enthusiastic. Really wonder why the Warriors were willing to part with a huge, gritty defenseman for what amounts to nothing (conditional 10th round pick I heard).
    Morse was sent home for disciplinary reasons last season. Usually off-ice issues have to be repeatedly a concern before a player gets sent home, so that could be a factor in the low price.

It's also a 10th round pick at MINIMUM. The actual round of the pick will go up depending on how many games Morse plays over the next 3 seasons. Who knows, if he plays 72 games each of the next 3 years maybe it could end up being a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Here is a article from the M.J. paper sounds like they had a few issues and both parties decided that a change would be best.
    http://www.mjtimes.sk.ca/Sports/Hock...r-draft-pick/1

Yeah, the wording I have seen about the deal varies. Have seen 'conditional tenth-round pick' thrown around quite a bit, including in that MJ Times article. Conditional tenth-round pick would indicate that it is a tenth-round pick that is conditional upon something. Have also seen it referred to as just a 'conditional pick', which would fall more into line with what Alan (and how the article actually describes it) indicated the deal is.

Was a bit curious about why he only played half a season, wasn't sure if it was an injury situation, but if he was sent home for disciplinary reasons, then the half season, as well as the low return on the deal makes a lot more sense.
    Last edited by SectionNDeserter; 08-21-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Iconwhl

Im thinking when it comes to playing for Sutter this deal has a lot to do with if he even makes the team out of camp. Sutter is a coach that takes no BS from anyone so his line will be very short, with that said Sutter can help this kid get his career back on track. He has a lot of potential to become a feared Dman in the league and could see some pro hockey as well even if just at the AHL in 3 or 4 yrs