Thread: Rookie camp

Default Rookie camp

After watching rookie camp this AM, a few I noticed that stood out for me were:
    G - Colby Entz - quick kid that never quit on anything. Very adept with blocker

D - Wyatt Kalynuk - smart, aggressive, and willing to muscle it out

- Josh Mahura - may be a little small but good first pass and skates well

- Brett Hamer - at forward for a while and did fine there. skates well and solid positional play in his own end.

- Austin Strand - not showy but steady and in position making it harder to get to the net.

F - Pawlenchuk and Friesen sat out with injuries

- Adam Musil - solid, aggressive, and willing to be a good linemate

- Brayden Burke - small, quick, smart, playmaker.

- Tanner Laderoute - Sutter's kind of player: aggressive, willing to muck, good assist man.

- Jeff de Witt- looks like he could become the player projected.

- others at times: Traptow, Nell, McCarty, and Johnson.

Love to hear from others who were at the camp.
    Last edited by tiny; 08-26-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    After watching rookie camp this AM, a few I noticed that stood out for me were:
    G - Colby Entz - quick kid that never quit on anything. Very adept with blocker
    Best goalie in rookie camp the last two days, stopped pretty much everything he saw, and had great rebound control.

D - Wyatt Kalynuk - smart, aggressive, and willing to muscle it out
    And on top of that, has just a fantastic saucer pass

- Austin Strand - not showy but steady and in position making it harder to get to the net.
    Really struggled at keeping the puck in the offensive zone and making a play with it at the point, but like you say, very steady in his own end.

Adam Musil - solid, aggressive, and willing to be a good linemate
    Not super noticeable on day one, but was absolutely big-leaguing everyone out there in the scrimmage today.

Brayden Burke - small, quick, smart, playmaker.
    Given that he has about 15 goals between this camp and the scrimmages in the spring camp, I would say he is more of a goal scorer than a playmaker. Fantastic speed and hands, and just seems to know where to go to without the puck to get set up for a scoring chance. The more I see him, the more I think that we might be seeing him in Red Deer in the not too distant future.

Tanner Laderoute - Sutter's kind of player: aggressive, willing to muck, good assist man.
    Tons of energy, looked really good with Burke and Musil.