Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: *confirmed* blades are sold

bothers me a little to see the chase group considered. is this all happening after a deal was done between brodsky and priestner? if so then it's too little, too late for the chase group. if the league votes down the priestner deal things will get ugly.

my choice would be the alumni group, but business ethics say if an agreement was reached between the other parties it's first to the post.

Quote Originally Posted by curwie View Post
    The Chase group has matched the 9 million offer and the whl will review there offer next week at the same time as they review Priestners offer. Also heard tonight that there are a couple local current nhl coaches apart of Chases group that are choosing to remain silent. For me it's real simple, hockey guys/ former blades should be the front runners as long as they have matched the highest offer, which by the sounds of it that have.
    I do know there are 2 NHL coaches now involved. Another rumour says there is a problem with the Priestner offer that the BOD don't like. The league has had the offer for 2 months now so something must be up. I still would like to see the Chase group get it.

Default Typical

Rumor, more rumor, questions, innuendo, and nothing but silence from the powers that be. This league would have a tough time selling itself a hot dog.

Heard that Rhett Warrener was suppose to be on sportnet(radio???) to talk ownership? Did anyone hear what he had to say? Roger Millions says he was unhappy with how mem cup was run! Anyone know what his problem was? My only problem with the chase group is, that there seems to be too many guys involved. Don't know why they need 7+ guys.....profits will be pretty slim when split 7 ways!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post
    Heard that Rhett Warrener was suppose to be on sportnet(radio???) to talk ownership? Did anyone hear what he had to say? Roger Millions says he was unhappy with how mem cup was run! Anyone know what his problem was? My only problem with the chase group is, that there seems to be too many guys involved. Don't know why they need 7+ guys.....profits will be pretty slim when split 7 ways!
    My guess is that many of these guys played here, then went on to very successful careers, and now they are in a position to give something back. Also helps that it's not a bad investment.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat20 View Post

You can take a look at the Kamloops Blazers, there's a group of guys including former Blazers running that team. Quite funny as they were picked over Priestner by the group that used to own the Blazers. Now kinda the same thing could be happening here.

Next Wednesday's vote will be interesting to say the last. There appears to be some teams opposed to Priestner's bid and are for Warrener-Chase group's bid.

I just hope this all get's done soon so the team can focus on building their team for the future.

Keep in mind its not the BOG's decision on who he sells the team to. Jack accepted Preistners bid and the BOG are voting to approve his bid. Clearly Jack wants to sell the team to Priestner over the other bid. So if preistner gets rejected by the league who's to say Jack doesnt look for someone else. He doesnt have to accept the other bid. He can wait for someone else to come along. It says alot when the other bid which includes ex players supposedly was worth the same amount of money but yet he chose a Edmonton based buisiness owner.

I think Rhett Warrener is the wild card here, he is way to arrogent to be involved in this deal. He was one of the ex players that has been critizizing Jack this past mem cup year. Warrener was on sportsnet fan radio on Friday and the comments he made was very arrogent for a guy who is trying to buy a team off a guy. Usually when you want to buy a team from a guy you don't go on the radio and bash how he has ran his team over the years.

I have never liked Rhett Warrener and personally because of that I hope Preistner gets approved to buy the team. Warener is way to arrogant, always has been. It wouldn't work in my opinion, he would be an owner that would also try and be the GM, and coach. He said as much so on the radio that if they bought the team he would be heavily involved in the hockey operations.

I think Jack and the Brodsky family has the best interest of the the Blades organization and will sell the team to the best suitor.

Quote Originally Posted by twentyone View Post
    Keep in mind its not the BOG's decision on who he sells the team to. Jack accepted Preistners bid and the BOG are voting to approve his bid. Clearly Jack wants to sell the team to Priestner over the other bid. So if preistner gets rejected by the league who's to say Jack doesnt look for someone else. He doesnt have to accept the other bid. He can wait for someone else to come along. It says alot when the other bid which includes ex players supposedly was worth the same amount of money but yet he chose a Edmonton based buisiness owner.

I think Rhett Warrener is the wild card here, he is way to arrogent to be involved in this deal. He was one of the ex players that has been critizizing Jack this past mem cup year. Warrener was on sportsnet fan radio on Friday and the comments he made was very arrogent for a guy who is trying to buy a team off a guy. Usually when you want to buy a team from a guy you don't go on the radio and bash how he has ran his team over the years.

I have never liked Rhett Warrener and personally because of that I hope Preistner gets approved to buy the team. Warener is way to arrogant, always has been. It wouldn't work in my opinion, he would be an owner that would also try and be the GM, and coach. He said as much so on the radio that if they bought the team he would be heavily involved in the hockey operations.

I think Jack and the Brodsky family has the best interest of the the Blades organization and will sell the team to the best suitor.

I missed it. What did Rhett say on sportsnet?

He was critizing the organization for never winning a championship, and critized the organization of poor marketing, and poor attendance at games and so on. To me the tone of his voice was very critical, I thought it was disrespectful to go on the air and say these things about an organization he is trying to buy. If I was selling a house that say I built myself and a guy came to look at it wanted to buy it and critisized my house, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Well it's official. With a unanimous vote the WHL approve the sale of the blades to the Preistner Group. Not surprising really.

I think it will be a good new fresh start. New conference in saskatoon expected tomorrow.