Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Training Camp

Iconwhl

Happy with the effort by the pats today but not so happy with those 1st 3 goals on the 1st 3 shots of the game. The difference in the game, Sacher struggled today to come up with a save in the 1st period before getting the hook at the start of the 2nd period.

Good thing the silly season is over & we will find out what our roster will look like soon. Im expecting some releases to happen either later today or by Monday forsure. Just have too many players kicking around still, need to get it down closer to the final roster.

I thought the Pats did a lot of very good things today we did dominate the play just not the score board. Papirny played a great game made 5 to 7 very good saves & his best friend bailed him out late in the game from a shot off Sinitsyn. Clague is gonna be a gem, he has so much poise with the puck at 15yrs old already, that trade KM made to get him in the draft is going to turn out to be the biggest steal in the whole draft. I still laugh each & every time I think of that deal lol

I like the aggressive for check. Agree Ouellette is not showing well through the pre-season but his back half of last season was pretty good.
    On Friday I was on the Dallas Stars web site and they list Sininsyn on their training camp roster so does anyone know why he is not at their camp. You all know I am a MacAuley supporter and I thought he was very good technically but he opens the 5 hole when players are moving across the face of the net. I think he has earned the starter for opening night (Thurs)

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    On Friday I was on the Dallas Stars web site and they list Sininsyn on their training camp roster so does anyone know why he is not at their camp.

It could of have been some sort of a condition with his Visa since it was late & they had to speed up the process to get him here when they did. Im not sure how they work but maybe there was some sort of a condition attached to it until a certain time frame. I got no clue I fully expected him to be at there camp as well.

Iconwhl Pats reassign 4

Regina, Saskatchewan – Regina Pats Senior VP and GM Chad Lang announced today the team reassigned four players after the Pats’ pre-season schedule came to an end last night.

Defenceman Kade Pilton (’94) played 27 games for the Blue and White last season after being acquired from the Victoria Royals. Pilton will join the Surrey Eagles in the BCHL who are off to a 2-1-0-0 start for the 2013-14 season.

Defenceman Darian Henry (’94) finished the season with Regina in 2012-13 after coming to the Pats from the Calgary Hitmen. The 6’5” defender split 63 games between the Pats and Hitmen in 2012-13 and will join the Alberni Valley Bulldogs (0-4-0-0) of the BCHL.

Forward Bryar Ortynski (’96), one of the Pats’ second round selections in 2011, played in 43 games as a rookie with the Blue and White in 2012-13. Ortynski heads to Sherwood Park to play with the Crusaders (3-1-0-0) in the AJHL.
    I think Conacher ruined his development by keeping him in league last season, he wasn't ready by any means

Forward Dane Schioler (’96), also a second round pick of the Pats in 2011, had a solid season last year in Midget AAA tallying 40 points in 42 games. The Winnipeg, MB product will be reassigned to the Virden Oil Capitals of the MJHL.

The Regina Pats roster now sits at 28 players heading into the opening week of the WHL Regular Season. The Blue and White open their season Thursday, September 19th on home ice against the Swift Current Broncos.
    Last edited by patsdude114; 09-15-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Iconwhl

Neither reassignment is a big surprise to be honest, interested to see what happens with D'Amico I think he has the skill to play in the WHL but it just may not be with us any more.

Im glad to see Brooks finally playing up to his potential, he was less then avg during camp & I thought if he didn't pick it up soon he wouldn't of made it past the Blue & White game. Thankfully he did turn it around as I do like Brooks always have.

I think we need to get down 2 more players on our backend, I believe the players in that bubble will be Mumby, Fenske, Hand, Hak & Harrison (I really hope Harrison sticks around this year, I think he shows the most promise out of the names listed) Im all for a rebuild year with a younger group, & again Fenske did nothing to impress me at all yesterday afternoon. I thought Reagan was just as good as Fenske was.

Geordie Maguire has really been finding his way this preseason with the Pats, hopefully he can carry it into the regular season and find his scoring touch that he had as a 16yr old in midget AAA....

Here is a quick look at our 2 oldest age groups at forward... (20s & 19s)
    Stevenson a lock could very well be our captain
    Ouellette good PK guy & better then avg in faceoffs, is it enough to keep him around? I say no
    Stephenson got moved into WSH main camp, needing a breakout year
    Christoffer competes hard every shift, imo a lock on the LW
    McCoy our best faceoff guy hands down, big body #2 C imo
    Rodewald big body who skates very well, hits hard & drives to net, believe we need his presence
    Samoridny another big body on RW, believe he will be a 20yr old next year for us
    D'Amico as much as I like Patrick I just don't think there is room for him, can we get a 5th rd pick for him?

I think Bricker is on his way out, he never appeared in 1 preseason game (unless he hurt) he hasn't played in the WHL since age 16 with RD Rebels, I'd rather keep Gay around then him to be honest.

Why can't Henry stick in this league?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Why can't Henry stick in this league?
    big kid not that tough limited skill would prob do it...he does have a good 1st pass (learned that in CGY not REG lol)

He fought Zajac the other night in stoon and couldn't even do much against him & hes got like 8 inches on him at least. If you go to the Pats site and watch the highlights from the Blades game on the 10th you will see the clip from the fight, with Henry's size he should of been able to control the whole fight, but fight was over pretty quick with Zajac tackling him (if I recall correctly)

I agree with PD 114 not sure why D'Amico and Brickner were not re-assigned to get to 26. IMO The only thing is trying to get a draft pick for them.
    On D-Fence IMO Fenske is in unless we trade for an upgrade (93) and there is not a lot out there. If Fenske is released then Hak's chances improve, as we would have 2 19's with Hak and Sinitdyn and the rest younger We are down to 9 D Men now so I think only 1 to be re-assigned, but it could be two as we could have only 7 on the final roster. Hak has had a very good camp so it would not surprise me we keep both Fenske and Hak in that case it is between Hand and Mumby and Mumby has had a good camp. That scenario makes Hand the odd man out and he should be of value to another team.

Looking forward to Thursday. Not expecting a win as Speedy Creek and PA should be near the top of the east

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I think Bricker is on his way out, he never appeared in 1 preseason game (unless he hurt) he hasn't played in the WHL since age 16 with RD Rebels, I'd rather keep Gay around then him to be honest.
    He was hurt in the second last scrimmage in training camp the one camp where everyone seemed to want a piece of him. He's a pest.

Bricker and Gay are totally opposite players.

From what I saw of camp Bricker is an in your face, grinder type player who will get under anyone's skin. A pure checking line player.

Gay is more of a finesse player that put on some size and added a more physical side to his game. Way more of an offensive upside.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Im glad to see Brooks finally playing up to his potential, he was less then avg during camp & I thought if he didn't pick it up soon he wouldn't of made it past the Blue & White game. Thankfully he did turn it around as I do like Brooks always have.
    I disagree with your assessment about his camp. I thought he was one of the pleasant surprises. In no way was he "lights out" but was in no way having an average camp. The kids' got some skill. With the right linemates (Maguire for one) he's going to be a good player for the next few seasons.