Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Training Camp

Iconwhl

I have zero problem with having 2 19yr old goalies, just said it will inflate our avg age slightly.

Nice win in Stoon last night, our 3rd preseason game where the final was 4-3 nice to see us getting a win in the silly season. I wasn't able to listen to the game until OT actually I kind of forgot about the game to be honest, did Sacher play the whole game or did they spilt the games again?

I only caught the third and ot on the radio. Sacher played the whole game. Apparently he faced only 3 shots in the 1st period. He let in a couple shaky goals but bounced back.

Yes Sacher played the whole game and it was his first action in the pre-season. He was shakey to start with, Stoon second goal he miss played the puck behind the goal line in the trapizoid, deflected into the slot and on to a Stoon players stick
    Hope for the Brandon games each tender gets one game complete and they don't split each game
    Has anyone heard how Burroughs , Stephenson and Sininski are doing at pro camps.

Iconwhl

No clue on those 3 players altho it may look like Burroughs will get a chance to play on the Pats ice in a NYI jersey & my guess is after that get reassigned right after that game. Guess a lot will depend if he makes it that long still with the NYI camp. Would be a great experience for him though, would of been even better had klimchuk not got hurt & they faced each other in the preseason game

Burroughs reassigned to Regina.

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=681575

September 10: Kyle Burroughs, Victor Crus Rydberg, Jesse Graham, Loic Leduc and Adam Pelech were returned to their respective junior clubs.
    I don't think Sinitsyn was in camp with the Stars. I think I heard during the broadcast that Sinitsyn was back in Regina. According to the Stars training camp roster he's nowhere to be found.

http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/09/0...g-camp-roster/

Iconwhl

No surprise that Burroughs was reassigned already but would of been cool for him & local Pats fans to watch him on our ice in a NYI jersey. Glad he is back & healthy though

Two games this wek end then we need to get down to 24 players.
    Heres my guess at the opening day roster;
    D Fence 11 on the roster need to get to 8
    93 - Fenske 94 - Sinitsyn, Hak 95 - Burrows, Williams 96 - Harrison 97 - Reagan. 93s Pilton & Henry released with the last spot between Hand and Mumby and my choice would be Mumby. That roster would brake down by age as 1-20, 2-19, 2-18, 2-17, 1-16
    Forwards will be a lot more dificult. On the roster is 19 and we need to get to 14
    93 - Ouellette, Stevenson 94 - McCoy, Stephenson, Christoffer, Rodewald 95 - Hunt, Maguire, klimchuk 96 - Kammerer 97 - Wagner, Zimmer
    the last 2 spots are between (Samoridny a 19 and Gay a 18)(Bricker-18 or Schoiler-17 or Brooks a17) The only way Bricker makes it is if we want an agitater on the roster and Brooks is ahead of Schoiler.
    If Gay beats out Samoridny we have 6 19s this season and 2 (Stephenson and Sinitsyn) will not be returning as 20 next season so we have 4 for 3 spots
    IMO here is what it looks like oldest to youngest
    D Fence
    Fenske Sininsyn
    Hak Burroughs
    Williams Harrison
    Mumby Reagan
    O Fence
    Ouellette Stevenson McCoy
    Stephenson Christoffer Rodewald
    Gay Hunt Maguire
    Klimchuk Kammerer Brooks
    Wagner Zimmer
    If anyone wants to attempt lines and pairings please be my guest

I think one of Sadmoridny and Schioler stays. We need the size(and hopefully skill down the line). Brooks stays, as he is apart of our future offence and for a young kid met expectations. I don't know much about bricker and not even about Gay...but I doubt both stay as they are fringe 18 year old players.

Honestly, we might just trade a 19 year old. We got too many and not enough pre-NHL draft age roster players.

Ill take Samoridny for Gay but if you keep both Brooks and Schoiler another player needs to go, Who would that be? I agree we should keep a few as long as we can and try to trade for some draft picks Some of the players we will be re-assigning have the talent to play in the WHL its just finding a team that will trade for them

Iconwhl

Nice to see Stephenson getting a chance in Washington's main camp, this is the year he needs to have a breakout year in junior and make it a season fully healthy. Last year's injury was a total freak accident & was 1pt shy of a point/game player, at times my biggest beer with Stephenson is he looks off too many quality shots attempts to force a pass, the guy has a great release he needs to use it lots this year.

Also I think the final rosters don't need to be set come the start of the year, if I recall (which I could be wrong) its the same time the 20yr old quota needs to be met. I remember a few years ago at the start of the regular season we had 4 20yr olds for over a week into the regular season but were only allowed to dress 3/game.

I don't think Samoridny or Gay are buddle players I believe they both have a spot on the team. Also as of right now Klimchuk & Stephenson do not count towards our roster as they are at Pro Camps. The longer they stay up gives the Pats more time to figure out there bubble players.

I think Henry has a better chance at making the team again then some are giving him credit for.... he is actually showing some toughness back there & has always had a good 1st pass for a big kid. If he is willing to drop the mits on a some what regular basis I believe there is a spot for him on our team as we lack toughness badly & his size alone can intimidate some players in the league, especially younger kids with little experience entering the league early in the year.

Is it just me or is Ouellette's 0pts in 3 preseason games abit alarming coming from a 20yr old? Yes he is a good PK & faceoff guy but doesn't a 20yr old need to bring abit more? He does provide leadership but Samoridny or Rodewald do the same as well. Id rather carry a few more 19yr olds instead of carrying dead weight with 20yr olds (not bringing up the other guy anymore)