Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Default Training Camp

No rosters were available yet so it was impossible to identifiy new players.
    One thing that was noticable was that this hockey staff is very hands on. 4 coaches on the ice and a GM on the bench watching like a hawk.
    Last year I saw two coaches on the ice and a GM on the rail with his hands in his pockets.
    This new attitide in the rink was palpable. Lets hope it translates to wins.
    Anyone heading down tomorrow?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Default No Colt...

And as previously reported on here, Colt Conrad doesn't report to camp, pretty much affirming his choice to go to the USHL this year. Sad to see, I really expected him to be really close to making the team. At least Chase Phelps showed up...
    Also, where is Khenkel? Is he not coming to camp? Or not showing up at all?
    Last edited by jkanes; 08-29-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: noticed Khenkel

Default i'm going again tomorrow......

there's going to be a very fit team in the bridge this year, the coaching staff is working the ass off of these kids.. i'm a big fan of drake and his crew, pushes these kids HARD and is willing to skate along side of them and encourage them not to quit, then rewards them with a pat on the backside and a good job...its not hard to see he has the ability to get the most out of a player......ps...... didn't see this last year.....
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by jkanes View Post
    And as previously reported on here, Colt Conrad doesn't report to camp, pretty much affirming his choice to go to the USHL this year. Sad to see, I really expected him to be really close to making the team. At least Chase Phelps showed up...
    Also, where is Khenkel? Is he not coming to camp? Or not showing up at all?
    I noticed that as well. Either he has no interest or he is stuck like a few other European players. A few teams are having trouble at the moment since many Canadian embassies are on strike so there is a huge backlog of Visa applications.

Funny how a small government protest can affect teenage hockey players/teams.

As for Phelps and other US players, the big detail is whether he stays more than two days. It's strange but true, once a player stays for more than 48 hours at a CHL camp, he loses his NCAA eligibility unless his family pays for everything (food, hotel, and the return trip home). They also cannot even accept a free tshirt or hat...

Default Kolt. Conrad

Is there any other underlying story to Conrad?
    Is it simply a player that wants to play NCAA or is it a different situation of not wanting to play here? Anyone hearing anything factual?
    Its a shame we may not have him like we thought. I was really excited about him.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Really liking Tyler Wong today. He looks so much quicker and slimmer than last year. Improved fitness to go with those sick hands and hockey IQ is pretty exciting. Bigger roll for him this year for sure.
    98 Dman Cody Allen looks great too. Big dman who is offensive minded.
    Lenchyshyn has a real nice meanness about him. Can't wait to see him play like a real SOB.
    98 Dman Connor Rokosh is a big friggin kid for being 15!
    Don't see Tak Anholt out there for Team Red. Any explanation?
    Sofillas is such a great skater and competes but just has no finish to his game. So frustrating to watch.
    Really liked Jordan Porter the 98 Texan kid. Very fast.
    Phelps seems to have a physical aspect to his game as well as he laid a nice open ice hit. Good first impression.

Default I noticed...

I missed the first scrimmage but from the second noticed....

No Tak Anholt, listed as 18 red, but not playing
    Harper playing like he knows he's up against it, including a cross check and a vicious slash on two different 15 yr olds
    The size of Rokosh
    Team navy has, 4 98's out of 5 on D
    Jaeger White, one goal but -3, still doesn't try without the puck
    Not much from Axel, one post but would like to see some domination from him
    Some nice goals from Red, Yakabowski will score a lot this year

Default Navy/Green game

Young Navy D in tough, green with 6 in 1st 1/2
    Green out working navy big time lead by Derko and Maxwell, Galbraith
    Better showing for Axel so far

Scrimmage 3 is in the books.
    Galbraith and Derko looked great against the 15, 16, and 17 year olds.
    Really starting to take note of Kody White. He doesn't look out of place out there. Never hear a lot about him though.
    Skinner is enormous. Something to look forward to in the next few years.
    Rokosh again impressed me with his puck skills to go with that size.
    Is Watson the fastest in the league? Kid has that extra gear that really blows him by others.
    Thought Amson actually looked decent out there as well.
    All the vets looked really good.
    Goberis with 2?
    Estephan loves to shoot the puck and drive to the net. Kid is going to be terrific.
    Last thought is that Axel can look so great at times. That long body and long stick can cover a lot of ice in a short time.

Default Second 1/2

Skinner is huge,
    Skinner will be a project
    Not much else, kids look exhausted