Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Default everytime i watch.........

wong play he reminds me of yellowhorn, small, shifty with good hands,hope he turns out the same way..duke stands heads about the rest, he will be something to watch at 18/19years old,estaphan also.....and for a 15 year old porter didn't look lost at all out there. ..
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Really liking Tyler Wong today. He looks so much quicker and slimmer than last year. Improved fitness to go with those sick hands and hockey IQ is pretty exciting. Bigger roll for him this year for sure.
    98 Dman Cody Allen looks great too. Big dman who is offensive minded.
    Lenchyshyn has a real nice meanness about him. Can't wait to see him play like a real SOB.
    98 Dman Connor Rokosh is a big friggin kid for being 15!
    Don't see Tak Anholt out there for Team Red. Any explanation?
    Sofillas is such a great skater and competes but just has no finish to his game. So frustrating to watch.
    Really liked Jordan Porter the 98 Texan kid. Very fast.
    Phelps seems to have a physical aspect to his game as well as he laid a nice open ice hit. Good first impression.
    Regarding Tak Anholt, I heard he is very sick. He tried making it for the afternoon scrimmage but he's come down with something that has him very ill. Here's hoping he'll be well enough to be out there for Saturday's scrimmage. I was looking forward to seeing him.

Thanks for the info on Tak. Hopefully see him on the ice this weekend then.
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Anholt was on the ice and looked great. Terrific hands.
    Noticing a real competitiveness between vets who have spots locked up. Plenty of altercations.
    Lenchyshyn needs to work on his feet. He has been beaten repeatedly to the outside.
    Amson was invisible today after a nice showing yesterday.
    Looks like Kody White had suffered an injury after a nice check from Adam Henry. Limped slowly acrross the ice to the bench. Too bad as he looked really strong so far. Hope it isn't too serious of a leg injury.
    Goberis looked strong again too. Has he grown a lot since last year? I remember him as being a smurf.
    Skinner looked terrific again. Big tender has terrific mechanics.
    Vets are all looking good. Fun game to watch with Galbraith, Derko and Harper all knowing they have to show well. Edgy.
    I was hoping to see far more from Sayers at this point. Is his spot locked up?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Default Saturday Game 2 report

Reid Duke! That is all.

Thought Goberis looked really good and Carter Amson played with a lot of urgency. The kid can really fly and has good size. Is there a place for him?
    Phelps looked dynamic for the first time IMO. Jungels also looked promising.
    Erkamps is really starting to look like he's rounding into form and you could say the same thing for Topping.
    Going to be a lot of difficult decisions for the hockey staff.

Default Phelps played very well.....

him and duke work well together as both are close to the same skill level, chase really showed what he is about today, hard working hard checking kid with talent......good job......also obrian really settled into his role along side galbraith, he look shaky at first but not today..both kids from texas show a lot of promise for 15 year olds.......
    GO CANES GO.................

First order of business for Robson is to ink Phelps. He would be a brilliant addition to the Canes. I could see 2 first round NHL picks in Duke and Phelps with Canes sweaters on. They worked so well together.

Players I thought helped their cause were...

Jordan Porter
    Carter Amson
    Cody Allen
    Stuart Skinner
    Kody White
    Chase Jungels
    Connor Rokosh
    Tak Anholt
    Eric Szudor

Vets that looked great

Yakubowski
    Erkamps
    Mckechnie
    Duke
    Watson
    Topping
    Maxwell
    Leverton
    Henry
    Wong
    Derko
    Galbraith

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    First order of business for Robson is to ink Phelps. He would be a brilliant addition to the Canes. I could see 2 first round NHL picks in Duke and Phelps with Canes sweaters on. They worked so well together.

Players I thought helped their cause were...

Jordan Porter
    Carter Amson
    Cody Allen
    Stuart Skinner
    Kody White
    Chase Jungels
    Connor Rokosh
    Tak Anholt
    Eric Szudor

Vets that looked great

Yakubowski
    Erkamps
    Mckechnie
    Duke
    Watson
    Topping
    Maxwell
    Leverton
    Henry
    Wong
    Derko
    Galbraith
    doesn’t look like Phelps is staying. I hope they give Nemeth a good look; I like his skating but wish he was more aggressive

Lethbridge, AB – Following the 2013 Lethbridge Hurricanes Training Camp, the team *announced ten players that will continue their tryout with the club.

Forwards Giorgio Estephan, Kolten Olynek, Reid Nemeth, Zach Goberis and Carter Amson will be joined by Defencemen Bryton Sayers, Brandon Kennedy, Kade Jensen, Thomas Lenchyshyn and Goalie Jonny Hogue.

During Training Camp, 2011 2nd round pick (25th overall) Olynek had 10 points (3G, 7A) while 2012 picks Estephan registered 6 points (4G, 2A) and Goberis had five (4G, 1A.)

Lethbridge Hurricanes Head Coach Drake Berehowsky commented “I was impressed with the compete level at camp. The ten that are sticking around have earned the extended look through practice time and some exhibition games.”

The Hurricanes also made a roster move, by releasing veteran Forward Michael Sofillas. The native of Morden, Manitoba missed the entire 2011-2012 season with concussion symptoms. During his 119 games played with the Hurricanes, he tallied 6 goals and 20 assists.

Hurricanes General Manager, Brad Robson calls Sofillas “a character player both on and off the ice, who worked extremely hard to come back and return to the lineup last season. We thank him for his commitment and dedication to the Hurricanes and we want to wish Michael all the best in the future.”

Not too many surprises for me here. Nemeth would be the only one.
    Phelps gone? That sucks!
    I thought Amson and Goberis really earned it. They played very well and worked their asses off.
    Unless some trades are made though I don't think there are spots available for them.
    I still have Estephan, Olynek, Sayers, Lenchyshyn as bets to crack the roster.