Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: 2013/14 Regular Season

Iconwhl

There was a lot of eyebrows raised when the Raiders traded Jake Kryski for Cole Cheveldave. I thought I read somewhere that Kryski said he wouldn't report to PA which may or may not of been true but my biggest question to that trade was... why on earth would you trade him for a 20yr old goaltender who has always been just avg at best. His numbers were inflated last year due to a strong team infront of him by no means was he ever considered an elite goalie in this league.

Anyways the Raiders have a strong team there but it just seems so hit and miss on which team is actually going to show up. I for 1 have always thought Winther was a spoiled piece of crap. He will never play pro hockey, CIS is his route but he may think he is too good for CIS and not even take the schooling the WHL will offer to him. I truly believe that if the Raiders could move Winther the team would be much better off, but with him underachieving and a hot head I doubt anyone would even consider taking him off the Raiders hands.

Of course teams would take a chance on a NHL 2nd round pick. A change of scenery is all he may need. It also wouldn't hurt to try him on draisaitl line

Raiders are 12-5-1 with winther in lineup 5-8-1 with him out. so your right it is winther's falt for being injured and suspended and raiders losing. and playing second and third line minutes with very little pp and pk is your definition of spoiled?

Just an outside perspective. I have watched Winther play against the Pats and if I was a Raider fan, he would drive me nuts. He will play well, maybe score a goal, and then take a momentum sucking stupid penality. It is one step forward and two back.
    He has some talent, no doubt. It is those stupid, selfish penalities that are team killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Raiders are sitting in 5th spot in conference tied with 6th Regina, 7th Brandon and 8th Kootenay with all having 36 points. Raiders are now losing their two top players Morrisey and Draisaitll to World Juniors. Gennaro, Guhle and McBride are leaving for tournament and injured are Gardiner and Winther. Bruno needs to pull the trigger and get some reinforcements for this team to be successful. Its disappointing going to watch games and your first line is playing shorthanded with Braid on the wing. Raider brass has to re-evaluate the top line. This is a huge year for Draisaitll so go get him a winger that can support him and create the room he needs. Goaltending has been a nightmare along with the defence except for Morrisey.
    I thought CC was a defensive first coach? I haven't seen that yet with the defence the raiders have.
    It should be interesting the next month or so to see what happens in the standings. If Bruno doesn't start making some deals--- as a fan I can honestly say good-bye to playoffs.
    They should have tried to get Todd Fiddler!

We already have a Fiddler type in Conroy imo. We need someone with Speed and the ability to put the puck away.

Default 6 Attackers

In 35 Games this season, the Raiders have been behind & pulled their goalie in 14 games. That's probably more times than the entire few seasons combined.
    In those 14 times:
    They have scored to tie the game three times, going on to win in OT twice.
    They have had empty net goals scored on them 5 times.
    They have not scored with the extra attacker and have not been scored on 5 times.
    In a bizarre twist last night, they had both an empty net goal scored on them and scored with the extra man, but went on to lose the game.
    Cory Clouston was brought in to win these one goal games. So far, it has not paid off. Even worse is the goaltender going to the bench when the coach calls him, rather than reading the play and staying in net when the Raiders do not have clear possession.

Default 20 12 01

Is the record they need to finish the same as last year. That includes a US road trip in a division where every team has more points then PA the first round draft pick given for Chevy should encourage Bruno to commit Hari kari or do the honourable thing and apologize and resign. As far as Clouston, McCrimmon showed why he is a hockey guy and canned this clown before he could do more damage. Steve Young took a less talented team and overachieved Clownston took a far more talented team and dragged it towards the basement. Sickening to watch a talented team being handcuffed by a control freak. With losses to lethbridge Moose Jaw kamloops ect(last 7)and playing a home and home against stoon after Christmas if they lose again turn the reigns over to Leonard He is at least a proven winner. I hear the Ice Hawks have a hot goalie. Maybe Bruno wants to pick him up....at least he won't cost a first rounder

If playoffs were to start today the Raiders being in 9th spot would be out.

Raider brass better be wishing for Christmas:
    Someone to play with Draisaitll on 1st line.
    secondary scoring is an asset and their isn't any.
    TOTAL OVERHAUL ON DEFENCE except for Morrissey. Raiders need to find a player that can play with Morrissey, Lange isn't the answer.
    Call the WHL office and see if they would allow a shooter tooter to be placed in net.
    Its time to pull the trigger Bruno, Raiders have 7- 19 year olds on the roster and 5 of them are underachieving and 3- 20 year olds that are underachieving.
    Raiders have looked terrible and as a fan its not enjoyable going to watch them. Raiders have 6 regular players out of the lineup after Christmas so things just might get more disappointing:
    -Morrissey
    -Draisaitll
    -Guhle
    -Gennaro
    -Mcbride
    -Winther
    are all out of the lineup after Christmas.

Interesting
    So, they should get rid of everyone on defence but 1st round NHL Draft Picks.