Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013/14 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    Nice pickup . leverton will be a nice 3rd or 2nd liner that works hard...hopefully its contagious
    Leverton will be a relentless worker and fore checker. He'll be a crowd favorite.
    A PROUD MEMBER OF LEAF NATION

Default One game down...

78 points to go...

The White with Green and Gold uniforms looked good on the web...

Looking forward to seeing the Green uniforms tonight.

-Wapitikev

A interesting 2nd game . I thought Zalaski did his best to cripple the Raiders with the call on Busenius that saw him tossed from the game in the 1st period.Which left them with Morden and Lange as the defensemen with WHL experience. 1 observation is that imo if the Raiders were serious about winning this year they probably should have kept Guenther over both Dea and Stewart. I am a Stewart fan , but he isn't ready to play everyday and in all situations(which I realize he was forced into tonight) . On a side note I thought Guhle played a very strong game ...good on him. And good on the team for 4 big points to start the year. The real measuring stick comes next weekend vs km and the Wheaties tho

I think the Raiders need to get the drive to finish off the teams last night they let up on the blades and tonight they let the blades almost tie the game. When they see an open net (gardiner) shoot the puck in it lol. They might bring back gunther it could help them out lots.
    www.childrenswish.ca

Default Dear Reid Gardiner...stop passing when you can shoot on an open net.

Yeesh.

Some ugly play tonight...I thought Busenius' leaving the game was good for us defensively until I saw the result. Yikes.

I certainly hope that Morrissey comes back this year to soak up some minutes from the remaining d-corps.

Good for Gage Quinney...72 goals from the 4th line this year? Probably not but he's definitely showing his skill. 2nd game in a row he walks out of the corner and puts one in.

Agree Guhle was strong tonight. He's going to be scary good if he develops as expected.

Good to see Hart take one for his teammates...but with the game almost put away, perhaps more discipline should have been in order.

Cheveldave made some great stops tonight but oy-vey the rebounds!

When you tell them you golfed par, they don't ask you how you you did it.

76 points to go.

-Wapitikev

Wanted to see the green ice. That didn't materialize.

Quote Originally Posted by chalk_one_up View Post
    Wanted to see the green ice. That didn't materialize.
    Probably a league rule.

-Wapitikev

Default D. Stewart is re-assigned

Tacked on to the end of the press release regarding central scouting rankings yesterday was an announcement about Stewart:

The Raiders announced today that they have re-assigned 16-year-old forward Dylan Stewart to the Canadian Athletic Club Canadians Midget AAA in his hometown of Edmonton, Alberta.
    Not really a surprise. Stewart will get far more time to develop his skills playing midget than he will sitting in the stands watching the Raiders. He has a better than average chance of cracking the lineup next fall.

That brings the forwards back down to 14.

Looking forward to Zaharichuk and Yaremchuk seeing some minutes...but with 12 goals in the first two games from the current crew who will sit?

Leverton will likely sit at some point but do you move a rookie into his spot on Danyluk's line or move someone from the Quinney line up...thereby messing up a hot-scoring line?

Who's the other unlucky contestant to sit...Perreaux is pointless so far and Braid is 1 assist and -2 on the first line.

But having Braid's physical presence on that line, some would argue, frees Conroy and Draisaitl to be as creative as they are.

Looks like either Danyluk or Vanstone could get 2 new wingers this weekend.

On the D-side, Morrissey sat the last 2 games for Winnipeg...possibility he could be back this weekend.

Still waiting for Tyler Dea to see a game or two, as well.

Should be an interesting double-header against the Wheat Kings.

-Wapitikev
    Last edited by Wapitikev; 09-24-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Morrissey reassigned by Winnipeg to PA.

Default Morrissey Returns

Great news for the Raiders!

Now......Which 2 of the remaining 1-16 yo, 3-18 yo, 1-19 yo, and 2-20 yo are going to get to sit every night? It won't be Guhle or Andrlik based on their play and Andrlik CSS listing. I don't think Clouston will dress 7 D men. So ... I hope Dea and Stewart like the view from the stands. If it's not them sitting and its one of the older D men, then I think a trade will be requested.
    Last edited by BillyBean; 09-24-2013 at 02:11 PM.