Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Impressed with the young Blades

Default Impressed with the young Blades

4-0-1 after their slow start. They've beaten Edmonton, Swift Current, and Brandon... all teams ahead of them in the standings, and they've played pretty well in doing so.

I'm not going to call them a playoff contender so early, but this is an encouraging sign for a young team.

Keep at it, Blades.

Talking

I too am also impressed with the blades play as of late......, sure it's not enough to renew my season tickets......., I also see season tickets went down from last year, only seeing between 3500-4500 at games......., I went to the game against Swift Current......, good game......, maybe Moodie is finally breaking out of his shell and starting to become a quality netminder, but we will see......., keep it up young blades....., next up against the Moose Jaw Warriors. It was nice to see Prince Albert lose again tonight....., puts a smile on my face

Interesting side note, even though early in the season, for a rebuilding team, our special teams has been good overall:
    2nd in powerplay (28.3%) 13/46 (power play goals for/power play chances)
    11th in penalty kill 12/57 (power play goals against/penalty kill chances)

Keep it up!!!!!!!
    Last edited by JMoney1988; 10-14-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMoney1988 View Post
    Interesting side note, even though early in the season, for a rebuilding team, our special teams has been good overall:
    2nd in powerplay (28.3%) 13/46 (power play goals for/power play chances)
    11th in penalty kill 12/57 (power play goals against/penalty kill chances)

Keep it up!!!!!!!
    20s are carrying this team, but when you're a young team that tends to happen.

Seems as if with acquiring Valcourt, Craig and Burns last season, Molleken wasn't just thinking about the Memorial Cup.

Haven't been to a game yet, how has Sherbak looked? He has pretty impressive stats for a guy who is still more than two months away from turning 18 and also when you consider this is his first experience with North American hockey/ice surface.

Quote Originally Posted by ofhdhdy View Post
    Haven't been to a game yet, how has Sherbak looked? He has pretty impressive stats for a guy who is still more than two months away from turning 18 and also when you consider this is his first experience with North American hockey/ice surface.
    He's all over the place... but in a good way. He seems suited to the North American style of game. Kudos to Molleken for finding this guy so late in the Euro draft (109th.)

Wouldn't surprise me if it's him and Barzal in the rookie of the year race.

David Nemecek seems like he has found his game as well. Happy for him, seeing as he had issues staying in the line-up in Sarnia last year.

Watched the Blades in Calgary last night. Really impressed with defence. Nogier and Craig made great decisions all game and Nikkel and Nemecek were a very solid second pairing. I really liked Kirichenko too. He got his first on a beauty snipe to the top corner, just ask him, lol.

Moodie also looked solid and the forwards played responsibly and took advantage of opportunities that were there to gain a single point.
    That import forward also looked big and skilled and was impressive.

I thought that your rebuild was going to be long and slow?
    "I promise that we will put an exciting fast paced product on the ice each and every game and bring back the winning tradition to Lethbridge." Berehowsky

Cycle Cycle and then pass it to Michael!

Wow, nice win 4-2, 3 goals in the third, one as short handed, it's nice to see them doing well during this so called "rebuilding mode" this year, everything seems to be clicking, power play, penalty kill, goaltending/defence and offence. Maybe not having any pressure of hosting say the memorial cup or some big event, they seem to be alot looser. Hey 14 points, over .500, 1 point behind P.A./Swift Current, didn't think I would say that....... KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!

Moodies been playing great so Struch decides to start Trombley in back to back games? How does that make any sense?

Well Moodie hasn't done much better in relief! Although it can be difficult coming in off the bench instead of starting...