Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: `FIrst Shot In MacAuley(FSIM)

Default `FIrst Shot In MacAuley(FSIM)

It is tome to blow up the goaltending mess in Regina - MacAuley `has given up the first shot on goal 4 times.Tonight, Vancouver (Oct 11), Saskatoon (Oct 6), Swift Current (Oct 4). His nerves can`t handle the WHL game. Neither goalie looked like they could stop a slow moving turtle

Iconwhl

not sure why you couldn't post this in the game thread.... but seriously your blaming the goaltending for this loss? every single player on the ice was a passenger tonight, no 1 was prepared to play from the drop of the puck. That 1st goal was a nice setup on a odd man rush, they hit the high guy entering the zone and he fired a nice shot by MacAuley from middle of the slot, in this league you'll see goals more times then not coming from there.

2 of the 3 goals Engel let in were breakaways, cant really fault him on those. Plain and simple the Pats were not ready to play tonight. Like they thought cause they beat the Oil Kings 6-0 earlier in the year that tonight would be a walk in the park. Well a big lesson to be learned tonight you have to be prepared to play no matter who you play, the Oil Kings seen it when we were there they were not ready to play and it showed in the outcome. Pay back is a b*tch they always say......

I agree one shot MacAuley is a downer, but PD114 is correct the team caused this loss no the tenders, Any Laxdal coached team is fast and has a up speed transition game. To often we were watching the puck and not the other players that could and did the damage.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by RWAH View Post
    Any Laxdal coached team is fast and has a up speed transition game.

I was watching the warmup and was really watching the Oil Kings side of the ice, they do a lot of in game drills that happen basicly every shift. One drill really worked on feet movement which is needed in todays game. Im thinking more teams should be watching some of the drills they do during warmups could learn something.

Can we please trade Williams the hell out of here, he gets worse with every game. Fenske was a plus compared to him my god is he weak.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Can we please trade Williams the hell out of here, he gets worse with every game. Fenske was a plus compared to him my god is he weak.

I know I have defended Williams abit in the pats but I have to agree with that comment. He just doesn't seem interested at all, think he neeeds to be the 1 to quit the team with the lack of desire to play instead of Sacher.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    not sure why you couldn't post this in the game thread.... but seriously your blaming the goaltending for this loss? every single player on the ice was a passenger tonight, no 1 was prepared to play from the drop of the puck. That 1st goal was a nice setup on a odd man rush, they hit the high guy entering the zone and he fired a nice shot by MacAuley from middle of the slot, in this league you'll see goals more times then not coming from there.
    I posted this post in a new thread because I do not believe the topic is related to last night`s game. I believe the problem of the Pats goaltending is bigger than a single game thread.

That being said MacAuley`s continued ability to cough up a goal after the first shot on goal - sets a tone for the whole game and team - just like me I am sure there are players who are thinking here we go again. The whole team had not hit the ice yet at 1:38 of the first period so the ones on the bench already see that they are going to have to come from behind. This then gets the team off of their systems as individuals start trying to do it all themselves and pretty soon the whole team becomes unglued. I agree it was a team lost but it started with a recurring problem. IMO it is his mind/nerves - he just isn`t ready to play when the puck drops.

I give Edmonton credit they were faster and stronger with the puck - I think they wanted it more. I am sure that they also had in mind to lay a licking on us in our own barn after we beat them 6 -0 in their barn.

I think it is time to send MacAley back to Yorkton and start developing the younger talent Schneider

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    I think it is time to send MacAley back to Yorkton and start developing the younger talent Schneider
    I have zero problems with this statement, I've said all along I don't think MacAuley is WHL calibre. I have been forgiving & trying to give him the benefit of the doubt though. Either Schneider or Gora, but I think Schneider could learn a lot from Engel.

PD114 I too noticed the drill with the passing to the goal line the player skating to the wall side hash for a return pass, passing to the goal line , etc.
    such a good drill to warm the forwards up and increase foot speed.
    I have in the past and still think MacAuley is not the problem and is a very capable goalie at this level.
    The PP passes too often, passes too slow, and do not shoot quick enough. No one wants to play infront of the net. The lazy passes from D to D, by the time the puck gets there so does the opposing player. When we get a pass through a lane the player hesitates.
    Edm, PP had #29, a 6 foot plus 220 lb forward parked infront of the net why can we not use Samiridny like that and what happened to Sinitsin on the PP and heavy point shoots, put some bruises on the defenders.
    We were out classed, out worked, and that is not the fault of the tenders.

Iconwhl

PD114 I too noticed the drill with the passing to the goal line the player skating to the wall side hash for a return pass, passing to the goal line , etc.
    such a good drill to warm the forwards up and increase foot speed .
    yes that was the drill I was talking about and then the Dmen were in the netural zone passing for abit and then switched to some skating working on different pivots as they moved. It shows in how they play as well they have always been a great skating team.

I have in the past and still think MacAuley is not the problem and is a very capable goalie at this level.
    The PP passes too often, passes too slow, and do not shoot quick enough. No one wants to play infront of the net. The lazy passes from D to D, by the time the puck gets there so does the opposing player. When we get a pass through a lane the player hesitates.
    Edm, PP had #29, a 6 foot plus 220 lb forward parked infront of the net why can we not use Samiridny like that and what happened to Sinitsin on the PP and heavy point shoots, put some bruises on the defenders.
    We were out classed, out worked, and that is not the fault of the tenders.

I don't want to dissect everything after 1 really bad loss but I have always kind of questioned how Dixson runs our PP, there has never been any net presence its a mixture of an Umberlla & Shooting PP with no one infront of the net. I did notice he changed the PP after watching how a real PP works and he did put a guy infront of the net on 2 PP's..... My biggest problem with our PP is Burroughs he never takes a slap shot at all, yes he gets tons of PP assists but he floats in every single shot, they do produce rebounds but what good is that if not 1 is infront of the net. Sometimes you gotta just try to blast 1, he does get the puck thru but more times then not the goalie just smothers the puck due to no traffic. The only guy who wants to actually shoot the puck from the point is Sinitsyn & he does have a bomb of a shot just it doesn't get used properly. I think our PP would be better with him on the #1 unit with Burroughs on the point & using Stephenson on the half wall.