Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canes PROSPECTS and ALUMNI.

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    In the SSAC BP Athletics first game at the Macs Midget tournament against the Alaska Jr Aces, Ryan Larochelle was the goalie with Skinner as his backup. Alaska Jr Aces defeated the BP Athletics 4-2 with an empty net goal. Larochelle played pretty good stopping 30 of 33 shots, but was on the losing end of the score.

Stuart Skinner got the start in the second game for the SSAC BP Athletics and came away with the win over the Valley West Hawks in a 5-1 game. Skinner had a great game stopping 36 of 37 shots.

The Athletics play their 3rd game tonight (Dec 28th) at 8:00 PM against the Prince Albert Mintos. From the results of the first 2 games, I would think Skinner should get the start in goal tonight.
    I guess I was wrong as Ryan Larochelle was the goalie in the 3rd game for the BP Athletics. Larochelle only allowed 1 goal on 36 shots against the Prince Albert Mintos in a 4-1 win in the Athletics 3rd game.

Skinner got the start in the 4th game for the BP Athletics and was the winning goalie as they defeated the Calgary Royals 5-3. While the Canes goaltending prospect did get his second win, he allowed 3 goals on just 20 shots.

Skinner and the SSAC BP Athletics made it into the playoff rounds but were defeated in the quarter finals 5-4 by the Okanagan Rockets, thereby ending there run in the Mac's Tournament. Larochelle got the start for the 3rd time in 5 games and was the losing goalie allowing 5 goals on just 24 shots. Maybe if Skinner would have got the start the BP Athletics would have made it to the semi-finals.

Larochelle, who I believe is 17 compared to Skinner at 15, seems to be the Athletics #1 goalie. He however won just 1 game and lost 2. Skinner on the other hand went 2-0 in his starts, allowing just 4 goals on 57 shots for a SP of .930%

For me, the bigger question is why the Canes supposed super prospect is only the #2 goalie on his midget team???
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-02-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default To make things worse.

Kale Clague, as just a 15 year old D-man playing against 16 and 17 year old players, made the Mac's second all-star team. Clague is who Brandon drafted with the 6th overall pick we gave them to get Boes. Clague scored a natural hat trick in under 2 minutes in the 3rd period to bring his team back from being down 3-0, to tie the game 3-3. Not too shabby

David Quenneville, who the Tigers took 10th overall last year, made the 1st all-star team as a 15 year old..

We could have drafted either of these D-men with that 6th overall pick we gave up for Boes!
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-03-2014 at 03:03 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

Default i wonder............

who goes at the deadline, yesterdays mistakes are in the past but not trying to get full value out of walters (pilon) would be stupid..there no chance in hell we make the playoffs this year so unload what you can with the limited older talent we have.....robson' scary. he's like a drunk 14 year old behind the wheel , if anything can go wrong it probably will....
    Last edited by shushu; 01-03-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    GO CANES GO.................

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE'S ROCK View Post
    Kale Clague, as just a 15 year old D-man playing against 16 and 17 year old players, made the Mac's second all-star team. Clague is who Brandon drafted with the 6th overall pick we gave them to get Boes. Clague scored a natural hat trick in under 2 minutes in the 3rd period to bring his team back from being down 3-0, to tie the game 3-3. Not too shabby

David Quenneville, who the Tigers took 10th overall last year, made the 1st all-star team as a 15 year old..

We could have drafted either of these D-men with that 6th overall pick we gave up for Boes!
    AND STILL WOULD'VE GOTTEN SKINNER IN THE SECOND ROUND!!!!

Clague should be in Lethbridge tomorrow for AMHL game 5:00 at Adams. I read somewhere that Brandon called him up for their AB road trip but he hasn't been playing for them, so I would expect him to be back with the midgets.

Check your stats again, guys. The two goalies have been splitting time, something which often occurs when you have a true rookie and a vet. Skinner's a 15-year-old goalie and a late birthday, and there is a 56-minute difference between the two with Skinner considerably better in save percentage. Even your post about the Macs makes it clear the two are splitting games.