Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Buyers or Sellers?

Iconwhl

I still think Kroekar should of been on this team this season, but having him dominate within his peers is great for development. Who know's maybe if Lang does some selling he could find his way on the team for the remainder of the season as well. As for Smith I'm not sure if you took in the summer camp at all but he made huge strides in his skating in just a few months til rookie camp came around. He's a better skater then what McCoy is so that is at least promising.

We all know Parker couldn't swallow his ego & trade the assests we did have that year which is the reason we have been the laughing stock of the league for so long. Like I said in my last post I do think there are players ahead of Stephenson before they knock on our door, he will be a cheaper player then the others but how cheap is yet to be known. Same goes for Leier & Stevenson, being in a playoff spot & what they have done to help our younger players see what it takes to play in this league that the trade would have to be even more perfect then a Stephenson traade plus the whole 20yr old problem as they are very tough to move at this point of the year. Bringing in another team's 20yr old off say a so called better team is very risky for us as the player could come here with a lot of attitude & not caring anymore for this season.

The thing that bother's me the most about the whole 'just trade assests no matter what' is there is a lot more that goes into it then just the fact of trading these players for the sake of trading them. I'm all for strenghtening certain age groups but it also has to be the right fit for the player(s) coming in. How's their attitude, do they actually want to be in Regina compared to the franchise they were with, so many questions come into it

I too would like to see Kroeker here this season. I have a feeling that he could provide as much or more than the two 97 forwards we currently use. This kid scores! Another 98 kid that may be a mega surprise is Jacob Elmer. He is in the top 10 of League scoring, and 4th on his team. People I know from Calgary say the kid loves to score. I guess we will see next camp here.

Trades are always tricky coming in or going out. Some GM's like McCrimmon seem to have the ability to pull rabbits out his hat. Very astute fellow. Because of the acquisitions some teams have made i.e. Kootenay (Bozon) and Brandon (Pilon) may not have whole lot to trade with. It's been reported that one WHL GM really covets Dyson Stevenson. I have source that told me there are more than one team that covet him. He is the guy I would least want to see go. Of the the three: Stephenson, Stevenson, and Leier I wonder if the Pats will keep them all. If they do I wonder what the Pats would have to offer to get something they need. They need to get their goals against down. Conundrum for sure.

I guess starting the 27th teams can resume business as usual. It is interesting to see which teams pull the trigger first. I'm pretty sure that there have already been some done deals.

PD114 no one said just trade assets for the sake of trading them. Everyone wants to see the team get better in the future. Your right Chad L has improved the team and I agree the Rodewald/Hanson trade is suspect, but IMO the Marinchin/1st and 2nd draft pick cost us future talent for 5 playoff games. And as it turned out we ended the season 9 points ahead on the 9th place team, and may have made the playoffs without Marinchin. And those two picks are the 17s we lack now. I will trust Chad L to consider ""attitude'"talent" desire to play here" and all the numerous things that go into a trade.

You can't read in too much from an effort like tonight, or should I say lack of effort. Lang did say he might wait for a bit to see how the team responds after the break. If it continues they way it did tonight then they have a big problem. There weren't any areas of the team that met minimum standards. They will have to correct lots by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    You can't read in too much from an effort like tonight, or should I say lack of effort. Lang did say he might wait for a bit to see how the team responds after the break. If it continues they way it did tonight then they have a big problem. There weren't any areas of the team that met minimum standards. They will have to correct lots by tomorrow.
    Was just checking the P.A site and it appears they have made deals with Saskatoon and Calgary. P.A getting Valcourt and Calder Brooks. Saskatoon getting Busenius and Calgary getting Winther.

I felt P.A. were going to be players considering they had dropped like stones and still sit in 9th.