Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades

Default Trades

On the website at 1 am and Colin Valcourt and Ryan Coghlan have been added from saskatoon

Dylan Busenius had been removed

Calgary and Prince albert made a trade

To PA Calder Brooks and a 2nd round pick 2014

To Calgary Mike Winther
    www.childrenswish.ca

Love the winther deal. And vanscourt will love playing with leon

I'm impressed with both deals. Valcourt gives us grit and a guy that can tally some points on our first line with Draisaitl and Conroy. Coghlan is a decent defenceman and will be with us for the next few seasons. Brooks Calder for Winther gives Mike a much needed change and us a good left winger for the year.

I agree with Raiderfan8. Valcourt gives us a net presence that we haven't really had since the days of Caine Pearpoint. I'm hoping he's used on Leon's line, but maybe on the 2nd unit with Hart suits his strengths more. Braid is trying to play that type of game, but doesn't have the hockey sense or hands to be good around the net on tips & rebounds.
    Winther is a goal-scorer who was put in a role that didn't suit his abilities. More of a Brett Hull type of player who scores, but doesn't play great defense or carry the puck well. He'll thrive in a more offensive system in Calgary that better suits his talents, plus he plays closer to home. Was hoping for a better return than a mediocre 19-year-old who has a half-season left in the league & a pick. We needed to recoup that 2nd round pick, though.

Okay-I take back my comment about the mediocre 19 year old. Kid played his heart out tonight. Brooks was the hardest-working player tonight. Pretty favourable 1st impression.
    Coghlin scored the 1st goal & was generously awarded 2nd star.
    Valcourt did not play.
    Busenius was solid for Saskatoon & got a warm welcome from the crowd.
    Andrlik had probably his best game of the season, but was completely gassed by the end of the game. Him, Lange & Johnston logged major minutes the last 2 nights.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeyes View Post
    Calgary and Prince albert made a trade

To PA Calder Brooks and a 2nd round pick 2014

To Calgary Mike Winther

From the outside looking in this trade looks great for both teams, Winther needed a change and playing on a very skilled team like CGY I think he brings that element that they are lacking (if they lack much) the Raiders imo lose abit of skill in this deal but they do land a 2nd rd pick as well even though it will be a very late 2nd rd pick (just recouping the pick that they sent to SAS is all)

PA is underachieving so some changes were bound to happen, more tweaks then anything. Hoping they don't work out being in the division but for you Raiders fans I guess ill say hope they do work out in the end.

Not sure if the Winther trade sets the bar or not for this trade deadline, hes a good player but not a great player by any means.

I'm under the assumption we are going to attempt to pick up a top 4 defenceman. Who's available? What do we give up?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    I'm under the assumption we are going to attempt to pick up a top 4 defenceman. Who's available? What do we give up?
    How about Walters from Lethbridge?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Icon32 After the trades

It will take a bit of time to gel but zaharachuk quinney and yaremchuk seemed to take strides in confidence and looked very good against a weak Blade team. Will be interested in how the game against the Pats go, they have been good of late and will be a test for the depleted Raider line up. The kid from Calgary played excellent and when Valcourt plays I am not sure what more PA will need or afford to get for players via the trade route. Building through the draft was the mandate for this team and while we are nowhere near a top 3 team in the league it would be irresponsible to sell the farm for one more round and sit out of the playoffs for the next three years. People have to remember the BIG blockbuster trade was made last summer and signed a coach that is supposed to get us to the 3rd round by just showing up on the bench. More trades should not be neccesary

Interesting take! I think we are going to be good for a couple rounds this year in the play offs once the teams back together. It will be interesting what Bruno does as far as the back end. I know Rylan Parenteau has played well as a starter in Weyburn of the SJHL. Is he trade bait? Is McBride trade bait? We saw 2 good Young goalies from the USA as well in camp. Cant wait to see how this unfolds.