Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades

Default Forward Lines and D Pairings

What might the lines look like when Leon and Josh return from World Juniors? Do the Raiders have to play 16 yr olds in 40 games? What about 16 yr old goalies?

I will disagree. They need another very solid defensemen . there are some good ones out there. Walters , hamonic , and ruopp are interesting to me

Icon34 Trade

Unless PA can steal a defenseman from someone desperate I do not see selling future players for a one year (improbable) run. I imagine Clouston would pressure Bruno to sell the farm for one year success to aid him to a higher league but that would be long term suicide for PA . next year McBride and Paranteau should fight it out for a # 1 spot, then you will have trade bait if they both play well. I personally think RP will end up being the better tender. The price tag for a 18yr old stud d man is not in pAs budget. It's time to watch the coaching factor be the influencing factor on the win loss record as promised, not running the bank empty for a one year attempted run

Vanscourt - Leon - Conroy
    Brooks - hart - Gardiner
    Perreaux - danyluk - leverton
    Vanstone - gennero - braid

Which leaves quinney and zah on the bench .IMO a deal involving leverton, perreaux or vanstone needs to happen to get quinney in the lineup.

Morrissey - lang
    Johnston - anderlik
    Guhle - Coghlan

I would love to see perreux and Braid back together as they were very good on a last year Leaverton and Vanstone would be my first picks as trade material to make room for Quinney and Zaharachuk Now Dea has not been played enough for me to have an opinion on him. As an 18 yr. old D man why is he a healthy scratch every nite? If he isn't in the plans why is he still here? These players are the only ones that I could see be traded but not sure of returning value because they would not be considered top line

Default Agree with most but...

It would be a mistake to sit Quinney in favour of Leverton.

In the 9 games in December,

Leverton:
    1 assist (Saskatoon on the 28th), -5, 4 minor penalties.

Quinney:
    3 goals (Edm, Kel, Stoon), 3 assists, + 3, 0 penalties.

Quinney has performed better since the available minutes went up in the middle of December than Leverton has. He has better hands than Leverton. He also has shown a ton of chemistry with Danyluk in the last 2 games. He deserves to be on the ice until he falters.

Leverton is more of a substitute for Vanstone than for Quinney, but I'd take Vanstone over him as well due to his chemistry with Gennaro. Nothing against Levs, he has talent, just arguing that the ones who got us through December deserve to play, not sit.

Leverton has 3 more chances to pick up his game before the 3 kids and the 2 stars return on Tuesday the 7th against Calgary.

-Wapitikev

Raiders are still a few pieces away from a playoff team. Valcourt is going to be a great benefit for the 1st line. Brooks looked great his first game. I don't think he lost a faceoff draw all night.
    Bruno stills needs to get a defenceman.

Valcourt - Leon - Conroy
    Hart - Brooks - Gardiner
    Braid -Danyluk - Zaharichuk
    Quinney - Gennaro - Leverton

Vanstone and Perreaux haven't impressed me all year. Gennaro, Quinney, Zaharichuk and Guhle have played so well that they deserve to be in the lineup every night. Raiders have 7- 19 year olds on the roster now and can only keep 3 next year.

Morrissey - lange
    Johnston - anderlik
    Guhle - Coghlan

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    I will disagree. They need another very solid defensemen . there are some good ones out there. Walters , hamonic , and ruopp are interesting to me
    Another very solid D-man would be nice, and the ones you mentioned are interesting, but:

Despite everyone's predictions to the contrary, Mac Stu is still getting better every month...he was better than either 20yo on our roster in 8 games in December...+0 with 2 points (one a goal) while we were busy going 2-6.

Andrlik has improved as well...4 points and +7 in his last 7 games (5 of which were losses) and is on fire since Christmas.

Coghlan is better defensively than Busenius despite being on a worse team.

Giving (some or all of) Johnston's minutes in January to Coghlin would not only allow him to prove himself, but send a message to Johnston who is capable of playing far better than he did in December.

And Coughlin and Andrlik could be a fun pair to watch.

Johnston, Coghlin, Ghule or Stewart all have the potential to become decent #4 d-men by March...I'd rather develop the ones we know than spend the future on another Bus(t).

-Wapitikev

Despite everyone's predictions to the contrary, Mac Stu is still getting better every month...he was better than either 20yo on our roster in 8 games in December.

Busenius and Johnston played against the other teams best players every night. I agree they should have been better then they have been and obviously Busenius has been traded. Jonhston needs to step up his play big time, In saying that you cant compare those two players to Mac Stu. If Mac Stu played against other teams best players it would be like playing shorthanded all night. Mac Stu is still a number 7 defenceman at best.
    Last edited by Landon; 12-30-2013 at 12:04 PM.

I am a big mac fan myself. And believe he will be useful next year. But agree he should be the spare guy this year. I would think that dea could be sent down for ice time though.