Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Trades

Well we got our top 4 d-man now and hopefully the boys can string together some wins here on the weekend. I think this is a really good pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by puckdad View Post
    Final piece of the puzzle. Now Chevy has to stop some pucks & we need to go on a streak.
    Either that or PLAY MCBRIDE MORE!

Chevy looked great in the first 3 games back but not as sharp in the last three.

Hopefully the team realizes that resting Chevy more by playing McBride more will be what's best for the team.

-Wapitikev

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    Well we got our top 4 d-man now and hopefully the boys can string together some wins here on the weekend. I think this is a really good pick up.
    As I mentioned in the 2nd half thread, the next 7 games are all against teams that are either in our division or behind us in the standings. If the boys are serious about making a deep playoff run (and I have to assume they are) then the future is now.

-Wapitikev

Is Bruno done or will there be one more last minute deal?

I could see a vet forward moved. As it is 2 good forwards sitting. I wouldn't mind if bruno explored the option of Chevy and adrlik for bartosak

Default Good Job Bruno

Kudos to Bruno for a job well done the last few weeks getting some key pieces for a playoff run. I still think we are in the mix for maybe one more d-man and some of our 19 year old forwards will be trade bait. It should be an exciting last few months in Hockey Town North if this team comes together.

I also wanted to point out that even trading draft picks in the early rounds for the next few years is not going to hurt our club. Our future looks bright as well with the following players coming up.

Defence - Good big young kids

Brennan Guhle 6'2 16 - PA Raiders (Signed)
    Brennan Riddle 6'2 16 - Tisdale AAA Trojans (Acquired via trade)
    Cody Paivarinta 6'5 15- Fraser Valley Thunderbirds (Signed)
    Noah Turanski 6'3 15 - Pursuit of Excellence Hockey

Forwards -

Matteo Gennaro 6'1 16 - PA Raiders (Signed)
    Dylan Stewart 6'0 16 - Edmonton Canadians Midget AAA ( team captain ) (Signed)
    Dylan Williamson 6'2 15 - Pursuit of Excellence Hockey (Signed)
    Sean Montgomery 5'9 15 - Calgary Royals ( top 20 in scoring Alberta MidgetAAA)
    Luke Coleman 6'0 15 - Red Deer Optimist Chiefs (Signed)

Goalie -

Nick McBride 6'3 16 - PA Raiders (Signed)

It's my belief that Josh Morrissey and Leon Draisitl will be back next year as well. Even if the Raiders are pushing for the playoffs next year I think it would a good option to send these two fella's to a contender for some good young talent.
    Last edited by Raiderfan8; 01-09-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Will Draisitl and Morrissey be back playing this weekend?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Both Leon and Josh will be playing this weekend.

Pretty sure Bruno's done for this year...but I thought we were done before the Craig trade, so things could still happen.

Yes Josh and Leon would bring a great return at the trade deadline next year, but please remember, the team needed 2 playoff games and record attendance to turn a profit last year and costs have likely gone up this year. With no reason to believe that costs will go down next year it would be pretty irresponsible, financially to risk missing the playoffs by trading your two best players.

So if we are in a playoff position next jan 1, I'd be really surprised if we traded either one of them.

Unless the board gives BC the green light to roll the dice on blowing the budget in order to build for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    Both Leon and Josh will be playing this weekend.
    REALLY looking forward to seeing them play with Craig and Valcourt. Lets hope they gel quickly.