Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Wapitikev View Post
    REALLY looking forward to seeing them play with Craig and Valcourt. Lets hope they gel quickly.
    Well, not too quickly
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Well, not too quickly
    Heh.

Appears the Raiders are done dealing from recent news articles in the herald and on PAnow. Campese said he doesn't expect to do anything else.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2014...contract.html/

Winther won't be getting signed and I doubt re drafted
    Returning as a overage maybe makes that deal better for Calgary

Default Trades

To PG: Chance Braid & Lance Yaremchuk
    To PA: Jordan Tkatch

Wow. Surprised by the lack of comments to this move. Possibly we are all on holidays. It'll be a tough call on overagers. Braid is one of 4 quality players we won't see in uniform. Sucks. Fact of life with WHL teams. Not sure about Yaremchuk though. I saw him as a 2-3 year goal scorer, unless there are underlying issues. Stay tuned. More dealing to come, even though Bruno said he was standing pat til fall. Not sure if we'll ever see a cast of characters like what we had last year. It was fun to watch. So many different types of players. Had the makings of a championship team. Not up to me to say why it didn't end up that way. It won't take long to realize what we had, but we need to look forward to what we will have. The cycle of a whl squad.

I dont mind this move Braid probably would not make it as a 20 in PA this gives him a chance to make a squad. Lance is a small forward who does have some scoring ability at the AAA level but his is small and likes to skate with his head down.

Jordan coming to PA is a good move he comes back to PA where he played AAA. He will be a top 6 if not top 3 here he has 82points in 196 games where as a 19 year old he can pick it up.
    www.childrenswish.ca

With 6 '94's still on the roster, I think we'll see at least 2 more over-agers moved through the summer & likely come to camp in August with 4 20-yr-olds. It'll be difficult to move three of them to other teams because of the number of good 20-yr-olds throughout the league, even minus the ones who will go on to their Minor Pro teams. Bruno will probably have to package an over-age with a prospect or swap for draft picks in order to get any kind of return, unless a team is looking for a particular player as an upgrade.

Brooks - 15G 16A 31 Pts +3 14 PM
    Came from Calgary in the Mike Winther deal. Best Face-Off Man on the team last year, and good work habits & D-Zone Player. A bit more offensive upside than Danyluk, as he has more patience at the net, but the 2 have very similar skill sets.

Conroy - 30G 31A 61 Pts -2 24 PM
    Has been a steal for a 7th round pick. The only reliable scoring forward that is in this age group. Raiders will really need his touch at the net this year, as most others are not proven goal-scorers. May be "carrot" to try to pursuade whoever drafts Leon to return him to Major Junior and not play Pro this year.

Danyluk - 7G 17A 24 Pts -15 29 PM
    Great work ethic & reliable D-Zone Player. Alternate Captain for past 2 years, so has good leadership skills. - Has not progressed offensively at all since entering the league as a 16-yr-old. Still a 3rd line centre/penalty killer - a role better suited for a younger player.

Hart 14G 28A 42 Pts -9 66 PM
    Injuries limited his effectiveness for the past 2 years. Was easily the best Raider in pre-season & early on in the campaign, but after suffering a concussion early in the year, and a shoulder injury later on, didn't return to the same form until late in the season. Divisive influence off the ice. Big upside if he stays healthy and if he mends fences with his team-mates. Searching for some consistency.

Lange 7G 44A 51 Pts -7 30 PM
    Local player. The only 20-year-old defenseman in the group. Quietly had an excellent year last year when paired with Morrissey on the top defensive pairing. One of the most efficient puck-moving d-men in the league. For a smaller-sized defenseman, played an amazingly good shut-down role against the opposing teams top lines. Burned with a team-high 10 empty net goals against last year.

Perreaux 18G 11A 29 Pts -18 41PM
    Big-bodied forward who is probably one of the best-skating players on the team, or at least the fastest. Struggled with consistency & work ethic last year. Shows he has the ability to score, but the play often died on his stick with either a give-away or a shot. For some reason Clouston decided to try & play him on his off-wing for most of the 2nd half of the season. Couldn't take a pass on the right-wing boards to save his life. Play-making, passing, and on-ice vision has not progressed much in the last 3 years.

Every one of these players bring something to the team that the others do not, so there will have to be some hard decisions made on who to keep and who to try & move. The 2 top candidates to return are Conroy, for his scoring abilities and Lange for his defensive abiliies. Hart has a good chance of being the 3rd overager if the team needs scoring, or either Brooks or Danyluk if they need more defensive reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by puckdad View Post
    ...Hart 14G 28A 42 Pts -9 66 PM
    Injuries limited his effectiveness for the past 2 years. Was easily the best Raider in pre-season & early on in the campaign, but after suffering a concussion early in the year, and a shoulder injury later on, didn't return to the same form until late in the season. Divisive influence off the ice. Big upside if he stays healthy and if he mends fences with his team-mates. Searching for some consistency.

Hart has a good chance of being the 3rd overager if the team needs scoring...
    I don't follow the Mintos and I didn't pay much attention to the 2 PG games last season so I don't know Tkatch's skill-set. Would he be more likely to take Hart's 2nd line center spot or Danyluk's third line spot? His stats suggest 2nd line this fall unless he plays his way down the roster in Camp.

Genarro is a center as well and in his NHL-draft season. I expect him to come to camp about 15lbs heavier and looking for a regular spot in the middle this fall...3rd line to start but 2nd line as the season goes on, if he develops as expected.

So, unless Leon sticks in the show, we'll have too many centers for Hart to stay. As such, I'd expect Hart to be in camp this fall as our insurance policy against that possibility. Talk about big shoes to fill!

If Leon does return, Brooks would be my 3rd 20yo along with Conroy and Lange (all their skills being the same this fall as they were last Winter).

The only question is: what will Hart be worth in mid-October if Edmonton (or whoever) sends Leon back after 9 games? Here's to some (other) teams going on major losing streaks to start the season.

-Wapitikev