Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
When it comes to the Pats over the past decades, if I had a buck for every time I've heard the word potential I'd be a bloody millionaire. That word makes me sick. I seen it over the late 80's, all of the 90, 2000's, 2010, onto where we are today. I seen numerous GM's and coaches use that word and it all adds up to a steamy pile of BS plain and simple! What it hasn't translated to is a conference or league championship, not even close. The thing about the word potential is potential to do "what?". There are some out there who are totally satisfied with this perpetual flirtation with .500. I am not one of those. I've supported them for decades waiting for them to return to excellence, but it gets harder every year.

Right now we're a .500 team with a bunch of holes. We're not deep enough to win much. It's time fix the holes and assemble the kind and numbers of "talent" we're going to need to become championship calibre. That means sell and move on.
Most of those holes are in the crease, if you ask me. A small improvement in net could benefit present and future.

Im not expecting a memorial cup appearance or anything, and yeah this team isn't that special but I think its important to get some playoff experience. We have a lot of home games remaining in a weak conference, its still world juniors, and we are getting injured players back. Recent troubles notwithstanding, I think there is p*******(censored for your benefit) to climb a bit and maybe get a favorable matchup.

I mean, how do we expect to achieve this culture of success if all we do is pull a prince George every deadline and mail it in? We have to try. Experience is just as important as stockpiling youth, and you cant have success without both.

Although I think Lang is leaning towards moreso selling, an open mind at the deadline is all I ask. Let the offers and market help dictate what our next course of action shall be.