Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats vs Hitmen

Iconwhl Pats vs Hitmen

well on the day of the trade deadline Lang was busy bringing in 2 players & 2 future draft picks as well as moving out 2 roster players and 1 who left the team.

I doubt Wapple or McVeigh make it to Regina in time for the game tonight so 1 more night of our roster before trade deadline just minus Scheinder & Maguire.

My guess would be Krammerer will get back into the lineup tonight after his WJ experience. Hope he has came back a better player with alittle more confidence after playing against the best junior players in the world (who weren't in the NHL) would be nice if he could find a scoring touch in the second half of the year.

I'm very interested in watching Tambellini play his WHL debut he put up 1g3a against Saskatoon, as a 3rd round pick of the NYR he is a very nice pick up by CGY I'm surprised he just didn't play for Portland... the rich always seem to get richer what year does it take for the Pats to be considered the rich in the WHL?? 2020 maybe???

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    well on the day of the trade deadline Lang was busy bringing in 2 players & 2 future draft picks as well as moving out 2 roster players and 1 who left the team.

I doubt Wapple or McVeigh make it to Regina in time for the game tonight so 1 more night of our roster before trade deadline just minus Scheinder & Maguire.

My guess would be Krammerer will get back into the lineup tonight after his WJ experience. Hope he has came back a better player with alittle more confidence after playing against the best junior players in the world (who weren't in the NHL) would be nice if he could find a scoring touch in the second half of the year.

I'm very interested in watching Tambellini play his WHL debut he put up 1g3a against Saskatoon, as a 3rd round pick of the NYR he is a very nice pick up by CGY I'm surprised he just didn't play for Portland... the rich always seem to get richer what year does it take for the Pats to be considered the rich in the WHL?? 2020 maybe???
    He would have played in Portland, but sanctions got in the way. He'll have to get his cell phone in Calgary I guess .

The rich always do get richer hey? There has to be something to this. Like when a player leaves college, why is it Vancouver, Portland, Medicine Hat Calgary or Edmonton are always the benefactors? I guess we just don't have the $$$ to shell out to buy players in smaller markets.

Iconwhl

Well to be fair small market Brandon wheat kings did get peter quennville from NCAA as well after they traded for his rights but I'm about 99% sure only reason he went to brandon was to play with his younger brother john

I wouldn't be surprised if Wapple and McVeigh were both in the line-up tonight. They got the news before noon, which leaves plenty of time to get in the line-up. I recall seeing players play the night of the deadline after being traded that afternoon, and that was when the deadline wasn't till later in the afternoon.

Iconwhl

Wapple is the backup tonight but McVeigh is not dressed

Iconwhl

Best game of the year by far, the Pats have proved they can play with the big boys this year but then we play against a lesser team & we struggle if we can find consistancy we could easily give SC a run for the division as they struggle with consistancy as well either way a 5th or 6th finish should be attainable.

MacAuley has finally put together back to back solid starts, 1st time since November, I hope Wapple can push him to be better each & every game. Scheinder waas good but at 16 he just couldn't push MacAuley the way he needs to be pushed.

We could actually have 3 good lines not 3 scoring lines but 3 lines that can be relied on, putting McVeigh as the #2 center & getting Chirstoffer back into the lineup. I would love to see D'Amico on the RW with Stephenson & Klimchuk, he has been playing great as of late & he seems to do things quicker then Gay does which Klimchuk & Stephenson need. Don't get me wrong Gay is good with still a lot of upside to him just don't think he is ready for top line minutes on a nightly basis.

We're really starting to see out of D'Amico what we did last season in training camp. It's nice that he's found his confidence and is fitting in well with the fast puck moving top lines. I'm really hoping McVeigh does what every other player the Pats have traded away that wasn't playing well does. Which is playing better on another team. Hoping playing with the top forwards on the Pats will see him be more productive on the score sheet. I'd imagine he'll be in the line-up tomorrow night.

Was hoping to see Schacher a bit more tonight, but looks like he is probably going to see less ice time until he gets a full week of practice in. Might play more tomorrow night, being against the Blades.

If the Pats knew how to play 50-60 minute games all season, they would easily be in front of the Broncos right now. The team knows how to do it, they just need to stick with it and play hard all the time. Hopefully a game like tonight will keep them motivated.

On a side note, I think Lang successfully did what we all mostly wanted, and that was a tinkering. It's still yet to see if the moves pay off, but I have a good feeling about McVeigh. The one player I didn't want to see going the other way in that deal though, was Schneider. He looked like he could have been a future star here. But as was said, he's too young and inexperienced to push MacAuley. Wapple was a good pick up. The Pats have been playing some good hockey again here and have 7 of a possible 8 points in they're last four games. Let's hope for some consistency from here on out.

Tonight was also a good game for a larger crowd to be at. The Pats knocking off the top team in the East might help some of those fans come back more often.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Best game of the year by far, the Pats have proved they can play with the big boys this year but then we play against a lesser team & we struggle if we can find consistancy we could easily give SC a run for the division as they struggle with consistancy as well either way a 5th or 6th finish should be attainable.

MacAuley has finally put together back to back solid starts, 1st time since November, I hope Wapple can push him to be better each & every game. Scheinder waas good but at 16 he just couldn't push MacAuley the way he needs to be pushed.

We could actually have 3 good lines not 3 scoring lines but 3 lines that can be relied on, putting McVeigh as the #2 center & getting Chirstoffer back into the lineup. I would love to see D'Amico on the RW with Stephenson & Klimchuk, he has been playing great as of late & he seems to do things quicker then Gay does which Klimchuk & Stephenson need. Don't get me wrong Gay is good with still a lot of upside to him just don't think he is ready for top line minutes on a nightly basis.
    Excellent game and the score actually flattered the Hitmen. Very sad to lose Schneider as he has the tools to be an all-star goalie in a year or two. Thought Maguire could have drawn more. He has 14 points which is only 3 fewer than Mcveigh. Don't forget we also got to give up a 3rd round pick. Lets see what MvVeigh can do with Leier as I think thats what they wanted for him. We should be able to assemble three decent lines. If the work ethic can be at 85% of what we saw tonight we should do OK. You hope that Chapman can bring the swagger Schneider had. WE will do fine if McVeigh and Wapple bring some contributions to our club. Time will tell but it stings to lose Schneider.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    You hope that Chapman can bring the swagger Schneider had.
    Time will tell but it stings to lose Schneider.
    Chapman was actually better then Scheinder in camp but being 15 there was only 1 option for him... I haven't looked for stats on Chapman lately but I guess I know what ill be doing later tonight or tomorrow now....

nevermind was a very quick search since I have the league he plays in, in my favorites.... he actually has better numbers then the starter & the only shutouts on his team

8-2-1 .927SV% 2.36GAA 2SO
    Last edited by patsdude114; 01-10-2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: found stats on Chapman faster then i thought

the pats always do this. For years. Every once in awhile they'll win against a contending team like this, or beat the team with the league's best player on it(especially it seems right after a trade is made)...but then they get blown out by lethbridge the next day or something and play an awful next 10 games or so.

Not to say this is a bad thing but I think when looking in the past for patterns, this isn't a sign of things to come.