Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Trade deadline talk

I was wondering if something might have happened with McCoy as well. On Kelowna's sight he has be red X'd off the roster. I would expect both of those trades were conditional to reporting as most are.

That doesn't seem right. Is that not the other teams gamble if a player who is traded does not want to report?? I could be mistaken, but haven't the Pats been burned on similar situations, when no one wanted to play for the Pats?? What happens if there's a multi-player deal, and one player doesn't want to report? Is the deal re-worked after it has already been processed and players have switched towns?? I don't think picks are conditional if a player doesn't report. Unless there's a chance a player won't report, and the pick is disclosed as conditional.

Iconwhl

imo it doesn't even matter if the picks are conditional or not they are such late round picks that they don't overly matter much at all

Well if it makes any difference Maguire tweeted this:

Geordie Maguire (@StuMaguire) tweeted at 4:00 PM on Fri, Jan 10, 2014:
    Just wanna thank the @WHLpats for everything this past year. Really tough saying goodbye to an awesome group of guys, gonna miss everyone!
    Then this:
    Geordie Maguire (@StuMaguire) tweeted at 4:03 PM on Fri, Jan 10, 2014:
    But on another note, real excited for the fresh start with the @SCBroncos

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    imo it doesn't even matter if the picks are conditional or not they are such late round picks that they don't overly matter much at all
    This is true, which is why low picks would be exchanged. You're taking a chance on a player who wasn't producing somewhere else. But ya never know. One of those low picks could be a pleasant surprise, like Ebs.

I'm just trying to say, that if a player doesn't report somewhere, it doesn't make the return conditional, unless it's disclosed as conditional. Other wise, that would just open a whole bag a problems for a number of teams.

Iconwhl

yep fully agree fight guy