Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade deadline talk

Mumby didn't get 1 shift. We need a goalie bad. Time to sell, some fans found this game entertaining we just played a horrible team.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by Bighat View Post
    Mumby didn't get 1 shift. We need a goalie bad. Time to sell, some fans found this game entertaining we just played a horrible team.

What game were you watching?? Mumby played a lot just not as much in the 3rd period is all (like normal) for a guy who didn't get 1 shift how does he get a -1 rating?

Iconwhl One rumour i was hearing.... (just a rumour im sure)

No clue to any truth (prob more less just people loving to start rumours) but I heard a couple people talking about Chandler Stephenson & Boston Leier to Edmonton Riley Kieser, Brett Pollock (who I highly doubt will be traded) 1st rd pick & 2nd rd pick

Does sound promising from a Pats perspective though if there is any traction to this trade at all but I highly doubt it....

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    No clue to any truth (prob more less just people loving to start rumours) but I heard a couple people talking about Chandler Stephenson & Boston Leier to Edmonton Riley Kieser, Brett Pollock (who I highly doubt will be traded) 1st rd pick & 2nd rd pick

Does sound promising from a Pats perspective though if there is any traction to this trade at all but I highly doubt it....
    Sounds similar to ones I heard. Christopher's name was bantered about and there is strong belief that a roster d-man will move in a 2 for 1 to get another d-man.

I guess that's a good thing that I didn't notice mumby lol.

Iconwhl

I guess that's a good thing that I didn't notice mumby lol.

Its never a bad thing if we don't notice a player, just means they are playing within there limits & not turning pucks over

Just some of my thoughts.

I have thought that there is an improvement in the play of Brooks and Williams. I am not quite ready to give up on Brooks. I think he has some high skill ability, is just slow to adjust to the speed and the bigger players. Chandler looks better with Klimchuk back. It is frustrating to never get the puck back (not a big Maguire fan).
    Lang has a plan in place from the beginning of the season. He still has every intention of following it. I have heard from a couple of sources that Chandler is in play, Leier is not (unless a team will overpay). But, I have no inside information other than that.
    I don't think they will build on the 17 age group. Over all, I don't think that age group is strong, so teams will most likely hold onto promising players. I think the Pats will need to strengthen the 18 & 16's. If there is a possibility of a promising 15, then take it. That 15 year old draft was pretty deep.
    I don't dislike this team and it doesn't need overhauling. But, the reality is if the elite teams are willing to part with a 1st rounder and a promising roster player for your star, you have to consider it.

Iconwhl

Quote Originally Posted by witness View Post
    Just some of my thoughts.

I have thought that there is an improvement in the play of Brooks and Williams.
    I have to agree with you on this 1 as well, especially in Williams play, he is following the same path as last year he was below avg for the 1st part of the year last year (but that was to be expected he was only a rookie) & then the 2nd 1/2 of the year he kind of took off. He has really been playing well as of late using his body more, he is a very strong kid for his size. The coaching staff gives him the green light to lead any rush so obviously the coaching staff see's something that the avg fan doesn't see. Its amazing what a few goals will do to a players confidence

Nothing yet we'll have to see the scratches tonite, not likely to trade anyone that makes the trip till tomorrow.

Nothing yet we'll have to see the scratches tonite, not likely to trade anyone that makes the trip till tomorrow.
    I think a lot of trades are like dominoes between different teams. Teams are often dealing a number of other teams for various things they need. If one deal works out then they can pull the trigger on another. Heck there can even be multiple team deals. Once the first major domino falls it's a good bet there will be others following shortly thereafter.

Around the rink and on the blogs there is a lot of smoke. They say where there's smoke there's fire. It is quite possible it may be just smoke, in which case we may only a couple of minor deals. However the sense I got last night was that something more significant was going happen.