Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: The Second Half -- 2013-14

Stewy got dangled on that 3rd goal. But the player had to come in out of the corner to score and shouldn't have had room except chevy went down 5 Sec early. And the winning goal chevy went upstairs to get a beer or something. Leon's line missed a good 6 1 timers for goals as well. Yes stewy shouldn't be playing as much as he as he is. But He's our 4th best dman

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBean View Post
    Need solutions, not excuses! I see that on social media everyone is saying that the refs didn't make several calls that would of given the Raiders PP's that would have led to them winning the game? I guess it's a big conspiracy of the WHL against the Raiders? I guess everyone has a crystal ball that showed them the outcome?

I see in the media that these excuses are coming from the management on down. That's great leadership from the top and a perfect way to lead by example! It is precisely this kind of rhetoric that will prevent this franchise from ever becoming successful.

It is this "blame the refs crap" that is taking away from what was a good/gritty performance by the Raiders players. Don't get me wrong I don't like the calls anymore than the next fan but *****ing doesn't change a thing.

The refs were the same for both teams and I saw several missed calls that could have gone against the Raiders. The Raiders were 0-3 in their PP last night and although odds say they would be due if they had more PP's we really don't know that for sure.

If the fans want to vent their anger maybe the should use that energy in asking the question of why a team that was supposed to finish within the top 3 of the Eastern Conference had to play a playoff tie-breaker to finish 8th and end up playing (and possibly being swept by) essentially one of the 2 best teams in the WHL in the first round of the playoffs.

It's not the refs fault that the Raiders are where they are. The fans need to start asking quality hockey questions as to why this season was not as successful as last season. Changes were made last year because last year was "not successful". Yet this year they have a worse record and most likely the same playoff result yet I assume there was a greater monetary investment in coaching with a more high profile former NHL coach.

Fans need to think of an iceberg. What they r seeing is the tip of the iceberg and they need to cut through the rhetoric and ask questions to see how much crap is below the waterline. Otherwise expect the Titanic for the next few years.
    Exactly! Think of the BOD. The buck stops with them. If history means anything they will probably reward Bruno with another contract!
    The city and fans deserve better. The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapitikev View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself, the WHL should be extremely proud of the quality of it's on-ice officials.

-Wapitikev
    Agreed

I think we need to find a players coach. Players today are to soft to respond to anything else

So much talent from top to bottom. Do not be surprised when the dominos start to fall. There will be no less than a dozen changes by fall. One reason. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    I think we need to find a players coach. Players today are to soft to respond to anything else
    I've been saying this for 3 or 4 seasons now. The old school coach is not going to be effective with young players who have many more options and are represented by agents.