Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Second Half -- 2013-14

"Goaltending has been an obvious issue. Wouldn't it be nice to go back in time and not have traded away Eric Williams to Spokane. With such a high price paid to acquire Cheveldave, the team was stuck with him despite his sub-par performance."

As the old man of a goalie from years past, I watch a different game than most. I keep track of all the kids who are tenders on the Sask teams, have for years, and will continue to do so. I also think your team erred this season. Desautels is currently rated 8th in the entire CJHL. The team web page reports he was the "Player of the Month" for Dec posting 6-2-2SO, .938sv%, 1.63GAA and 3 1st stars. Yes of course the BCHL is not the WHL---but given the opportunity........?????

Andy wasent a WHL goalie . every other team had (and has) a chance to pick him up and haven't . I do think it would be a wake up call to the goalies if they brought up parentau to start 2 games though

Quote Originally Posted by Wapitikev View Post
    ...we just went .222 for the last 18 games.

Correction. We went 0.278 for the last 18 games. I missed a win in there.

-Wapitikev

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    Andy wasent a WHL goalie . every other team had (and has) a chance to pick him up and haven't . I do think it would be a wake up call to the goalies if they brought up parentau to start 2 games though
    And parentau to start tonight. Let's hope he's the answer

"Andy wasent a WHL goalie . every other team had (and has) a chance to pick him up and haven't . "

Red Deer-5 PA-0 Hmmm, your guys are? Maybe the kid likes playing on a winning team?
    It appears Regina having the same tendy troubles

Anyone worrying about the goalie is missing the point.

The team had 155 shots on goal in the last 4 games. They have 3 goals to show for it.

How many goals does a goalie score?

-Wapitikev

To me its 3 things . 1) the team is snakebit. No bounces no luck . you would think with all those shots that 1 would hit someone in the arse and go in. 2) the 19 year old forwards forget how to score. I can't remember the last time a 19 played a great game , other then perreaux a couple games ago. Danyluk has been horrible in all aspects. He isn't pressuring on the pk which gives the other team way to much time to set up . what's worse then our pp struggling ? Our pk being brutal . valcourt hasent helped the team in any way either. It seems like every mistake Lange makes ends up in our net as well. 3) the coaching . everything from his systems to who he plays and where they play are not working. Take the bronco game for instance. The leading scorer for the raiders head to head against the broncos is gennero... He sat in the bleachers that game. The passive trap he coach's is awful. Pressure the play , make there defence dump the puck off the glass to you...then attack. Its frustrating but here's to hoping the boys turn it around. Its time to hit the panic button

Quote Originally Posted by observe View Post
    "Andy wasent a WHL goalie . every other team had (and has) a chance to pick him up and haven't . "

Red Deer-5 PA-0 Hmmm, your guys are? Maybe the kid likes playing on a winning team?
    It appears Regina having the same tendy troubles
    They weren't having goalie issues in pa. Wapple was great

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    They weren't having goalie issues in pa. Wapple was great
    Agreed.