Thread: Dumba headed back junior.

Default Dumba headed back junior.

Per Bob McKenzie.

Glad Sutter parlayed him into something, because quite honestly the idea of him returning to this club does nothing for me. Guy was lazy and apathetic last year and very obviously thought he was above the junior game, and it showed. It is absolutely mystifying that the Wild kept him around, but it appears they have come to their senses somewhat and sent him back down. He was atrocious in the WJC (leading many to scratch their heads and say, "This guy is supposed to be an NHL player?", which he is not) and I want absolutely no part of his big-league attitude in Red Deer.

Good news for RDR fans, if all goes through and he heads to Portland, that's 3 picks and a player for a guy who didn't want to be here anyway. Good riddance.

When Wallin was dismissed last season, and Sutter re-joined the team, every player on the team responded positively almost immediately--except Dumba, who got noticeably less motivated from that point on. I just don't think that he is a good fit under Sutter, and it showed at the World Junior tournament. I also think that it was quite clear to Minnesota as well, and I don't think they were planning to send him back to the WHL if he was going to be coached by Sutter. I'm with you, I didn't want the version of Dumba back that was here last season. Nice package of picks for a player that was done with competing in the WHL last year.

Regarding the immediate future, I'm very curious to see what Kopeck is all about. I'm not expecting him to tear it up, but you don't log consistent minutes on the WHL champions if you don't have something going on. Logic would dictate that a guy like that would probably be able to break into RD's top 6.