Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Current Development of Traded Hurricanes

Default Current Development of Traded Hurricanes

What we Traded:
    Axel Blomqvist
    13 pts in 19 games, -10 with the Canes
    20 pts in 18 games, +13 with the Royals
    Obviously this was some sort of Coaching issue in Lethbridge as Axel has been a point per game player in Victoria and some pretty decent +/- numbers(although he still seemed to be a wandering mess when he was here in Lethbridge playing for Victoria).

Ryan Pilon
    7 pts in 17 games, -7 with the Canes
    5 pts in 18 games, -2 with the Wheat Kings
    Stats dont show it, but I know more then a couple folks have said Pilon has played well in Brandon. I dont think it was so much he did not play well here, it was that he had lost a step from last year and obviously the motivation was not there knowing he wanted out.

Sam McKechnie
    3 pts in 9 games, -9 with the Canes
    4 pts in 26 games, -3 with the T-Birds
    Obviously wasnt as good as he thought he was. Think he has been playing mostly 3rd line checking type minutes in Seattle, goes to show that probably just about any player can get 40-50 pts in the Dub playing 1st/2nd line minutes on a bad team.

Jaimen Yakubowski
    1 pt in 11 games, -5 with the Canes
    5 pts in 18 games, -2 with the T-Birds
    Averaging almost 5 minutes of PIMS a night in Seattle. Same comment as McKechnie.

Adam Henry
    1 pt in 6 games, -5 with the Canes
    21 pts in 33 games, -12 with the T-Birds
    Decent point production with Seattle, but his +/- isnt so hot considering the other stats, and playing on a decent team.

Christopher Tai
    8GP, 5.38 GAA, .848SV% 1-2 record with the Canes
    1GP, 4.06 GAA, .800SV% 0-0 record with Brandon
    1GP, 20.40GAA, .714SV% 0-0 record with Med Hat
    Career 22GP, 4.54SV%, ,867SV% 5-6 Record
    Think the stats say it all here..

Just some interesting 0.02 ramblings..

Pilon looks to be the Wheaties best d-man, night in, night out. He has helped Pulock since being partnered together, Pulock had turned into a d zone nightmare with Roy, Pilon has provided d stability to allow Pulock to gamble offensively. Pilon hasn't shown much offensive prowess yet. Quietly very effective defensively
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

I remember back when Mckechnie & Yabowski were traded the Pats GM was alittle puzzled as he said his offer was much better then what Seattle offered but seeing how poorly they have played in Seattle I'm very glad the Pats didn't land either of these guys.

On a side note maybe Preston wasn't such a bad coach after all to get that sort of production out of those 2 last season. Its all about putting these young kids in situations where they can excel. I have a feeling the Canes would of been a better team this year under Preston then they have shown so far this year. Preston drafted & brought in players how he wanted to play & now all that doesn't matter as there is a new GM & Head Coach there who will change everything all over again.

Default you can add boes to that list.......

alot of sites and tweets saying boes is on his way out of town along with sheen and more that likely walters..if robson by some miracle pulls of a few decent trade for hopefully younger talent the seattle/6th for 19th draft, and Brandon have a better spin to them, not great but better...
    GO CANES GO.................

Default Canes trades etc.

Alan Caldwell has another great blog post about the trade deadline. I will repost some of my comments I posted there as it relates to Canes trades.

Alan again stated we could get a really good return for Walters. My reply:

"I am really quite confused when it comes to Nick Walters. When the Canes got him from Brandon people were talking him up as a darn good D-man who would help Lethbridge a lot and/or bring a big return at the Deadline.

To be honest he has not been very good. There have been numerous goals that can be directly tied to his poor decisions and he has frankly looked bad in some games. Maybe he is just trying to do too much on a terrible defensive team. I will be pleasantly surprised if we get a decent return for him."

My response to a possible Boes trade:

"Last, but certainly not least, Corbin Boes. Aside from all of the logical or seemingly reasonable trade scenarios, there is a big political risk in what Robson does with Boes. Like it or not, Corbin has become part of the most controversial trade in Cane's history. I am not even gonna get into all of that but for his sake, a move is probably the best thing for him.

The problem is that Sacher is out 2 to 4 more weeks (about 5 - 6 weeks in all) with an "upper body injury". It is almost certainly a concussion and therefor any trade involving Boes will require a half decent goalie coming back to the Canes. Danny Mumaugh-Seattle-may be part of a package coming back. He is only 17 and has decent numbers.

Anyhow.... trading Boes is the Elephant in the room for Robson!"

http://smallatlarge.blogspot.ca/
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-08-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

When you guys got walters, I came on here and said, "he's decent, but not the great shutdown d-man people think he is". that wasn't me trolling, but an honest observation. He's ok, but he's not the Aulie type shut down I've seen here in the past. Great team guy though. If he and Boes want a chance on a contendor, I hope they get it because they haven't had good teams in front of them for most of their careers but have been good team guys.....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iconwhl

Its nice to finally see come Canes fans say what I said all along when those 2 trades with Brandon were so suspect. At 1st like every cane fan defended both trades til they were blue in the face. I know myself I had said Walters was just another avg to below avg Dman but no 1 in cane country wanted to believe me & that whole Boes trade not going to get into that over payment

Robson deserves to win the worst GM of the year award & if there isnsuch award they should name it after him then the guy has set you guys back with his trades but most important with that ego coach he hired who should of started off coaching in Bantam hockey & worked his way up.

I for 1 wouldn't mind 1 bit if Sheen ended up in Regina I've always liked him since the 1st time I seen him play with Seattle in Regina.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    Its nice to finally see come Canes fans say what I said all along when those 2 trades with Brandon were so suspect. At 1st like every cane fan defended both trades til they were blue in the face. I know myself I had said Walters was just another avg to below avg Dman but no 1 in cane country wanted to believe me & that whole Boes trade not going to get into that over payment

Robson deserves to win the worst GM of the year award & if there isnsuch award they should name it after him then the guy has set you guys back with his trades but most important with that ego coach he hired who should of started off coaching in Bantam hockey & worked his way up.

I for 1 wouldn't mind 1 bit if Sheen ended up in Regina I've always liked him since the 1st time I seen him play with Seattle in Regina.
    Uhm, you might want to go back and read the posts, most fans don't like anything Robson did/ has done.

Default Great post!

Good job lethbridge83. Nice to see such an informative post. You obviously did your homework and fans like me appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by patsdude114 View Post
    I remember back when Mckechnie & Yabowski were traded the Pats GM was alittle puzzled as he said his offer was much better then what Seattle offered
    I remember that comment from your GM. You know what? That was beyond stupid, it was bush league for him to say that. The Pats GM was not part of the final transaction and therefor he did not know the fine details that the Canes GM was working with. So the best thing, and really the only thing he should say is NOTHING!

To this day nobody knows what he offered in the trade. If he wants to shoot his mouth off, maybe he should tell us exactly what players he offered and let us see if it was a better return than what the Canes received.

He can't tell us that tasty tidbit of information because that would be unprofessional. Well then to be a professional ....... he should have just kept his mouth shut.

As an aside to those comments, the return Lethbridge got; Carter Folk (until he was injured) and Riley Sheen have been 2 of the best players the Canes have.
    >
    >
    Last edited by HURRICANE'S ROCK; 01-08-2014 at 01:58 PM.